- Full Time
Occasional travel - Some travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
NOTE: Positions in GAO are covered under the agency’s performance based compensation system, which is pay banded. This position is classified as a PT-0301, Band II, which is equivalent to the GS-12 level in the federal government.
There is no education requirement for this position.
This is a bargaining unit position.
OPTION FOR ADDITIONAL SELECTIONS: Based on the staffing needs, additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid for by the GAO.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: GAO provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request accommodation, please email ReasonableAccommodation@gao.gov.
The U.S. Government Accountability Office’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job. If you meet all of the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Please make sure that your responses to the assessment questions are supported in your resume. Follow all instructions carefully as incomplete answers, errors, or omissions may affect your rating. Your rating will be invalid if you fail to include a narrative reply to any assessment question(s) that requires further explanation or your reply is "see resume."
All applicants will be rated based on their responses to the assessment questions, in conjunction with the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Skill in planning and executing events, including developing clear goals, prioritizing activities, establishing timelines and milestones, and anticipating risks and contingencies.
- Skill in communicating clearly and effectively both orally and in writing to establish effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels to achieve desired outcomes in coordinating activities in accordance with appropriate protocol standards.
- Advance knowledge of analytical and evaluative methods to select and apply appropriate protocol program evaluation and measurement techniques in determining the extent of compliance with rules and regulations issued by the agency.
- Skill in conducting detailed analyses of functions and administrative processes related to protocol activities, social events, transportation, hotel accommodations, and special tours for high level domestic and international dignitaries.
- Skill in project management to conduct studies of protocol work processes in various organizations to identify, analyze and develop policies, processes and procedures.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation