25% or less - The position requires travel outside of the duty station on a regular basis approximately 25% of time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Eligible candidates for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance AND qualify for a Q clearance. This position has also been designated as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to testing for illegal drug use. The selectee must test negative prior to being appointed to this position and will be subject to random testing thereafter. Failure to pass or refusal to take subsequent tests could result in non-selection or disciplinary action, up to and including removal from the Federal service. If selected for this vacancy (only if this position has a financial disclosure requirement), you may be required to file the OGE Form 450 (Financial Disclosure Statement) prior to your appointment to this position. For additional information and to obtain the form, please visit the Office of Government Ethics.
For the GS-13: A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (i.e., GS-12) in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as performing extensive analysis and study of broad and varied business operations issues; coordinates inputs from multiple sources on special projects and organizes conferences and meetings for senior intelligence and policy officials on complex national security issues spanning a full range of counterintelligence concerns, sensitive and/or controversial matters involving the Intelligence Community and Government counterparts.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
1. Experience with interpreting pertinent laws, regulations, policies and precedents which affect administrative operations including personnel, acquisition of equipment, space and property management, management analysis, in order to administer services to the Intelligence organizations in the public and private sectors.
2. Experience with having a comprehensive knowledge of management and organization theory and principles to conduct studies and projects of issues, analyze findings and make recommendations aimed at improving organizational effectiveness.
3. Experience with having a thorough understanding of the mission and functions, work processes, and administrative operations of the Intelligence Community.
4. Experience applying oral and written communication skills and outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills.
5. Experience with applying management and organizational techniques, systems, and procedures in order to coordinate activities across the Directorate and to help the organization achieve its goals.
"Experience" refers to paid and unpaid experience. Examples of qualifying unpaid experience may include: volunteer work done through National Service programs (such as Peace Corps and AmeriCorps); as well as work for other community-based philanthropic and social organizations. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills; and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
There are no educational requirements for this position.
- The U.S. Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit the links at the bottom of this page or visit the FedsHireVets website.
- If you believe that you are eligible for the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), please visit the OPM ICTAP/CTAP website for more information. In order to be considered under the ICTAP program, your application must score within the pre-established "well qualified" category as stated in the Qualifications section.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to 1 (one) year.
- Many positions require successful completion of a background investigation.
- All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: http://www.usajobs.gov/raps
Veterans Information: http://www.usajobs.gov/vi
Selective Service Registration: http://www.sss.gov/
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Department of Energy uses an application tracking system to evaluate the responses you provide in the applicant assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications necessary for this position. Then, the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will conduct a quality review of your application and supporting documentation to determine if your qualifications meet the criteria for referral to the selecting official. This position is in the excepted service and is being filled in accordance with 50 U.S.C. 3024(v). All candidates that meet all of the minimum requirements of this position as stated in the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement will be referred to the selecting official.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted accordingly.
To preview questions please click here.