Instructional Design and Curriculum Developer
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected for an interview, candidates will be required to bring examples of training (instructor-led and/or online) they have designed in the past. During the interview process, candidates will also be required to deliver a short training demonstration designed to assess their skill in training delivery.
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
May be required to successfully complete a probationary period, if not already completed
All applicants are subject to a comprehensive criminal background investigation, and required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment.
All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choice.
(A) A degree that included or was supplemented by major study in education or in a subject matter field appropriate to the position; OR
(B) Combination of education and experience--courses equivalent to a major in education, or in a subject matter field appropriate to the position plus appropriate experience or additional course work that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the 4 year course of study described in A above.
Specialized experience which includes comprehensive experience in instructional design in the development of instructor-led AND online training courses and experience delivering training in the classroom.
There is no education substitution at this grade level.
1. If you are an eligible Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) applicant, you may apply for special selection over other applicants for this position. Individuals who have special priority selection rights under the ICTAP must be well-qualified for the position. To be well qualified, applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and meet the well-qualified level (mid-level) of the crediting plan for all factors. ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice, SF-50, Notice of Personnel Action, documenting separation, an agency certification that you cannot be placed after injury compensation has been terminated, an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated, OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. Section 833(h) or Section 8456.
2. If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-point veterans' preference, you should attach a copy of your DD-214 (unedited long version) or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must attach an SF-15, "Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form.
3. If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
4. Reasonable Accommodation, this agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of this application and hiring process, please notify the agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.
5. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
6. Equal Opportunity Employer: The Pretrial Services Agency is an equal opportunity employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status or other non-merit based factors.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your rating will be based on your responses to the job specific information provided in your resume. Your resume must clearly show how you possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below. Failure to demonstrate how you possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities will result in a rating of "Qualified" by the rating panel.
1.Skill in developing instructor-led and/or on-line training.
2.Skill in using computer systems such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, a learning management system, content authoring tools and/or automated criminal justice systems.
3.Skill in delivering training.
Once the application process is completed, your application will be reviewed to ensure you meet the job requirements. You will be evaluated on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training. If you meet the basic qualification requirements, your resume will be forwarded to a panel for rating. Category Rating will be used to evaluate applicants using the following categories to further determine which applicants will be referred to the selecting official for final consideration.
Best Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level on all evaluation criteria.
Well Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level on evaluation criteria.
Qualified: Applicants possessing the specialized experience described above.
Application of Veterans' Preference: Category rating and selection procedures place those with veterans' preference above non-veterans within each category. Veterans who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements, and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10% are listed in the highest quality category (Best Qualified), except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher.