Program Coordinator, O'Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law - Georgetown University L
Program Coordinator, O'Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law - Georgetown University Law Center
The O'Neill Institute at the Georgetown University Law Center aims to find innovative solutions for the most pressing health concerns facing the nation and the world through research, scholarship, and reflective engagement with partners in the public and private sectors. One of the institute's three key strategies for reaching its goal of increasing the use of law as a positive tool for improving people's health is to promote training and education opportunities for those in practice, civil society groups, academia, and policymakers. As part of this strategy, the Institute has launched two L.L.M. (Master of Laws) degrees in Global Health Law at the Georgetown University Law Center, one of which is jointly offered with the Graduate Institute of International Development Studies In Geneva, Switzerland. These programs have attracted talented and experienced lawyers from North and South America, Africa, Asia, and Europe who come to Georgetown to broaden and deepen their understanding of health law and related fields.
The Program Coordinator supports the smooth functioning of the O'Neill Institute and assists Institute staff and leadership with project and administrative needs. S/he is handles a range of functional areas, including event coordination and management, human resources assistance, and financial tracking and reimbursements. Reporting to the Manager of Finance and Administration, and secondarily to Institute Executive Director, the Program Coordinator has duties that include but are not limited to:
Human Resources Support
- Assists the Manager of Finance and Administration and assigned Institute Associates & Fellows in recruiting and hiring Research Assistants, Institute staff, and fellows.
- Assists in the hiring of, and training coordination for, the Semester/Summer Research Assistant (RA).
- Maintains timesheet records for hourly employees, according to Georgetown Law policies and procedures; and serves as the Timekeeper in GMS for the Student RA supervisory organization.
- Organizes travel for candidates (as applicable/funded) and reimburses candidates for travel according to Georgetown and O'Neill policy.
- Assists Manager of Finance and Administration in processing hiring paperwork.
- Manages the Global Intern Program, including assistance with recruitment, interviewing, scheduling, and onboarding.
Front Desk Administration
- Serves as primary representative of the O'Neill Institute, receiving visitors and callers of all types, including current students, prospective students, parents, GU staff, external constituents, and distinguished guests.
- Provides program, procedural, and directional information; and refers inquiries to other offices/ departments as appropriate.
- Manages appointments and requests for communication with Directors - such as calendar management and travel coordination and support.
- Maintains administrative process memos and other associated materials, ensuring information is current and relevant.
- Maintains professional appearance of front desk area and conference room for guests/events
- Coordinates the administrative distribution and mail processes for the Institute.
- Manages the ordering of business cards and stationary for Institute members.
- Maintains the institute's annual supply budget and ensures available stock of routine office supplies.
Communications and Event Coordination
- Handles Institute- and project-related event coordination - approximately 5 to 7 events per month.
- Serves as the internal communications point of contact and assists with social media and email outreach.
LL.M. Program Support
- Coordinates LL.M. specific communications.
- Coordinates LL.M. specific events.
- Serves as the administrative point person for prospective students, current students, and alumni, under the direction and in support of the Global Health Law Program Director.
Financial Administration Support
- Processes invoices and payments to O'Neill Institute suppliers, handles initial inquiries with Financial Affairs (GULC and/ or Main), and alerts Manager of Finance and Administration to inquiries requiring additional follow-up.
- Prepares financial documents for institute budgets under supervision of Manager of Finance and Administration.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1 to 2 years of office management experience - preferably in a non-profit organization setting, and at least 1 year of events management and coordination experience
- Proficiency in use of MS Office Suite, basic troubleshooting skills with Xerox photocopiers and HP printers, and a working knowledge of both Microsoft Windows and Apple operating systems
- Ability to manage calendars and handle scheduling requests
- Experience with institutional communications, events management and logistics
- Ability to work with changing priorities in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- Preference for bilingual - English and Spanish
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.