Fleet Specialist - Service Center
Provides support to the Central Garage and Service Center staff regarding customer service, road service requests, and quality assurance.
Performs vehicle-scheduling routines and ensures integrity of supporting work orders and fueling data.
* Assists management with design, implementation, and maintenance of a customer service quality assurance program
* Represents the Central Garage and Service Center as a customer liaison for support to internal and external customers to provide front line problem resolution
* Produces and expedites a vehicle service schedule that meets daily requirements
* Maintains data integrity in the Fleet Maintenance computer systems through execution of work order quality assurance process, work order closure, and imaging
* Processes and assures integrity of automated fuel transaction data; processes and performs error corrections of fuel transaction information
* Creates, modifies, and closes work orders daily; fills in for the Service Desk as necessary; and performs related work as required
* Follows established procedures and refers items for interpretation to Service Center management
* Performs additional duties and daily jobs as assigned by management
High school diploma or GED equivalent, and clerical experience in a municipal fleet maintenance organization, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
* Demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills
* Possess ability to use computers and office automation software to create and modify spreadsheets, compile memos, and use databases regularly
* Must possess or be able to obtain a Class “B” or higher Commercial Driver's License (CDL) as directed by management
* Capable of working in a high-paced environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, climb, stoop, kneel, bend, and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds. Must be able to work on concrete floors in inclement weather. Hazards include exposure to battery acid and flammable liquids such as gasoline, diesel fuel, and cleaning fluids; transporting vehicles to vendors during high traffic times; and driving on snow, ice and during rain storms.