Senior Project Manager, Facilities
The Facilities Senior Project Manager is a technical and logistical project manager, and “hands on” execution position working in support of the Division of Facilities Services to execute Capital Asset Preservation Program (CAPP) major maintenance projects using primarily in-house maintenance trades with limited contractor construction support.
Daily operations include management of project requirements from a performance and compliance perspective. The Senior Project Manager is a team leader responsible for assigning and supervising the work of a large team of professional building trades personnel for the duration of the major maintenance project.
* Directs the maintenance project work of licensed trade professionals including HVAC Technicians, HVAC Controls Technicians, Electricians, Plumbers, Gas Fitters, and Refrigeration Technicians; manages skilled and semi-skilled building trade professionals including Carpenters, Mechanics, Refuse Drivers, General Maintenance Workers, Painters, and Plant Engineers in accomplishment of planned major maintenance projects.
* Prepares daily work assignments for assigned maintenance technicians for the duration of the planned Capital Asset Preservation Program funded projects.
* Uses project management software and other data management tools to assure that planned major maintenance project work is completed in a timely manner and within the project budget.
* Coordinates with design and project planning staff during project development and permitting phase. Ensures accurate project records and as-built documents are maintained on file.
* Coordinates CAPP project budget development and daily expenditure requirements with the Facilities Contract Management Team and Facilities Financial Management Team.
* Meets with stakeholders, including Building Administrators and School Principals, to determine project requirements, assesses quality of project work and customer satisfaction with work being performed by the assigned project staff. May represent the Division of Facilities Services within these meetings.
* Serves as Essential Personnel and may lead Facilities Services Division response to facility emergencies or other incidents impacting school operations. Performs other duties as required.
* Associates Degree in Construction Management; or proven work experience and/or training to demonstrate the standards, concepts and guidelines significant to perform the responsibilities of the position.
* Ten (10) years of experience in the building trades, including five (5) years of project management experience
* Demonstrated effectiveness of project management and organizational skills, able to lead project staff.
* Knowledge of building maintenance operations including methods, materials and tools used.
* Knowledge of the hazards of the construction and maintenance trades and application of safety precautions utilized to minimize risks.
* Thorough understanding of technology, project management tools, and maintenance and construction practices to ensure that standards are met and to discuss job status and resolve problems.
* Expert level knowledge in the repair and replacement of roofing materials and systems, asphalt, and concrete.
* Must possess a valid state vehicle operator's license (CDL Desired). Experience operating heavy construction equipment is desired.
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift approximately 50 pounds. May be exposed to extreme temperatures and other inclement weather.
The Senior Project Manager-Facilities reports to the Supervisor, Facilities Operations.