Business Services Assistant
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : $15.00 per hour
Web Announcement :
Business Services Assistant
George Mason University Intercollegiate Athletics invites applicants for a part-time Business Operations Assistant position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: Duties include providing assistance to the Business Services Department in the following areas: Travel:
- Manage the full life cycle of travel for designated athletic teams to include: processing and submitting all travel-related paperwork, monitoring and reporting all travel expenses (i.e., actual, approved and budgeted), and allocating Bank of America Works transactions related to travel including uploading receipts and supporting documents;
- Process all necessary paperwork related to charter bus transportation; and
- Travel assistance for candidate interviews.
- Backup assistance for office administration, department information technology needs, print services, telecommunications administration and department mailroom operations.
Human Resources and Administration:
- Assist with administration of the VP/Athletic Director office
- Maintain personnel files;
- Data entry;
- Assist with employee and volunteer onboarding; and
- Special projects.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse community;
- Possess basic computer skills (knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and data entry);
- Willingness to be flexible with tasks and work schedule;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize tasks; and
- General office experience.
- A bachelorâ€™s degree from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of experience and education; and
- Experience working in higher education.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WG188z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-07-24