Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitleCompliance Specialist
Job Description SummarySEARCH EXTENDED
Open Until Filled
Montgomery College, Office of Compliance, Risk, and Ethics, has an immediate need for a full-time Compliance and Ethics Specialist. The Compliance and Ethics Specialist provides support to the Office of Compliance, Risk, and Ethics for the planning, operational support, and ongoing assessment of the compliance, risk and ethics programs. This position is non-bargaining, exempt and grade 31. The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., with some flexibility. Position is located in Central Services in Rockville, MD.Job Description
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate compliance and ethics workgroups to transition new laws and regulations or reduce high risk areas.
- Research and monitor pending legislation. Work with General Counsel to interpret compliance regulations and identify needed actions to be compliant.
- Monitor risk levels and track progress toward risk mitigation.
- Manage and triage submissions to the 3rd party confidential reporting line.
- Conduct investigations.
- Develop, coordinate and distribute compliance communications.
- Develop and deliver compliance and ethics training and presentations.
- Conduct research and peer practice to offer compliance and ethics program enhancements to increase the overall effectiveness of the unit.
- Enhance and evolve systems and processes to maintain and manage compliance and ethics data. Develop reports and dashboards to analyze and present compliance and ethics information. Work with vendors and the College Office of IT as needed to achieve robust compliance data systems.
- Plan and coordinate Compliance Advisory Committee meetings and major events of the unit.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three years of experience effectively leading and successfully managing work teams and projects.
- Effective writing and editing skills.
- Communication skills to effectively impart detailed compliance information to wide audiences.
- Experience in data analysis and management.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP)® .
- Experience in the design and implementation of programs that address regulatory compliance.
- Experience with process definition and improvement on an organizational level.
- Experience managing projects and team initiatives.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/about-mc/careers/index.html
- For consideration, you must include dates of employment in your application or attachment.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.Closing DateOpen Until Filled
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.