Part-time Health Enhancement/Exercise Science/Physical Education
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitlePart-time Health Enhancement/Exercise Science/Physical Education
Job Description SummaryThe Montgomery College, Health Enhancement/Exercise Science/Physical Education (HE/ES/PE) Department at Rockville, Germantown and Takoma Park/Silver Spring is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching in the HE/ES/PE discipline. We are seeking enthusiastic and dedicated teachers who exhibit a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach classes in accordance with provided curriculum.
- Advise students on their progress.
- Grade assignments and submit final grades on time.
- MS Degree in discipline.
- Prior teaching experience of adult learners.
- Appropriate industry license and certification are required.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Currently an industry practitioner.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.