Part-time Faculty English and Reading
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitlePart-time Faculty English and Reading
Job Description SummaryThe Montgomery College, Department of English and Reading is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching English and Reading at our Rockville, Takoma Park & Germantown campuses. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Part-time faculty members teach integrated developmental English and Reading, freshman level-composition, or freshman level-research courses.
• Attend part-time faculty meetings professional development opportunities as able.
• Complete administrative tasks related to teaching, including submission of portfolios, grades, syllabi, sample assignments, and student evaluations in a timely manner.
• A Master's Degree or higher in English or closely related field is required.
• Knowledge of and commitment to the community college philosophy and mission.
• Willingness and flexibility to teach day, evening and weekend sections as needed.
• Ability to integrate technology into course delivery.
• Ability to teach in a multicultural setting.
• Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
• Experience teaching integrated developmental English and Reading.
• Experience teaching college-level composition courses.
• Experience teaching in a community college setting.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.