7 days left
- Full Time
Learning Design and Solutions
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 2.1
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Instructional Designer. Reporting to the Director, Learning Design and Development, the Instructional Designer applies knowledge of best practices in pedagogy and learning design in the development and evaluation of online instructional materials for The Undergraduate School, The Graduate School, other UMUC divisions, and extra-university agencies, as needed. The Instructional Designer collaborates with Program Chairs, Faculty, and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to create and revise courses and materials that demonstrate sound instruction, produce desired learning outcomes, and develop targeted competencies.
Additionally, the Instructional Designer will collaborate with the broader learning design team, taking design initiative on all aspects of course development, and recommending solutions to design and project management challenges. Finally, the Instructional Designer will have a demonstrated ability to work independently and self-manage their design work load.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- All aspects of the learning design process: assessing curriculum needs, analyzing learner background knowledge and instructional requirements, determining learning objectives and outcomes, and designing and developing instructional experiences that most effectively target learning outcomes.
- Developing learning solutions by applying progressive and evidence-based instructional practices.
- Collaboration, creativity, flexibility, timeliness, professionalism, with a strong commitment to quality.
- Incorporating various learning technologies and digital tools in order to enhance instructional effectiveness and support successful student outcomes.
- Developing instructional content, learning strategies, and assessments that align with goals and objectives.
- Leading and facilitating clear and professional communication with internal and external team members in a variety of contexts, including email discussions, conference calls, and face-to-face and online presentations.
- Working independently and collaboratively on all aspects of the course design and development process.
- Refining and redesigning existing curriculum based on assessment data.
- Project management, from project planning through completion and evaluation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree from an accredited institution of higher learning. Three (3) to five (5) years of related experience. Direct experience with project management of learning design projects, instructional design experience in higher education, experience developing courses and materials for progressive educational paradigms. Knowledge of instructional design, learning theories and learning technologies. Familiarity with current trends and developments in learning design and higher education including open educational resources, competency-based learning, adaptive learning and personalized learning.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Masters or other post-graduate education in Learning Design, Learning Experience Design, Instructional Technology.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.