Product Analyst Tax Planner
Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Bloomberg BNA seeks a Product Analyst, Tax Planning to provide tax planning and accounting-related support to Bloomberg Tax Technology users, prospects, and sales representatives in order to assist them in the effective use of a Bloomberg Tax Technology product. Must have a background in providing tax planning.
- Answer and evaluate front line and second line telephone, voice mail, and email requests for assistance from end users with questions regarding Tax Planning within our software or using a Bloomberg Tax Technology software product.
- Interview user to collect information about problems and lead user through diagnostic questions and/or procedures to determine nature of concern.
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine and more complex user problems.
- Provide verbal and/or written responses to technical, tax planning, tax, law, accounting and/or product functionality questions.
- Escalate more complex issues to senior staff, SMEs, or management.
- Refer billing, fulfillment and licensing issues to Customer Relations, Sales and other teams as needed.
- Log and track customer issues using a CRM, and maintain historical records and relevant problem solving documentation.
- Document customer requests for enhancements to products.
- Duplicate and document software bugs while seeking to discover and deliver suitable workarounds.
- Remotely access customers' systems for troubleshooting purposes.
- Provide product demonstrations to prospects or trains end-users on product usage.
- Suggest, write, edit or review articles and tips for FAQs, a knowledge base, and other internal or external purposes and audiences.
- May be required to occasionally provide off-hours coverage, as needed.
- Participate in company meetings.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned
4+ years of product-relevant work experience involving contact with clients in a professional environment; intermediate knowledge of formal principles, practices, and techniques in tax and accounting; excellent oral and written communication skills to clearly communicate complex technical issues to customers, to gather customer comments and feedback in a professional manner, and to communicate and work effectively with co-workers and others within BBNA; provides a superior level of customer service, BBNA customers with moderate guidance; must be able to learn multiple Bloomberg Tax Technology products and their functions; ability to perform research that involves basic interpretation and analysis; solid organizational skills; ability to use office productivity software currently in use at BBNA; ability to work flexible hours and overtime as required. Bachelor’s degree with coursework in tax, business or related subjects, or equivalent experience. CPA certificate, JD or LLM highly preferred.
- Successfully passing domain and general computer knowledge exams for this position.