Legal Editor, Assoicate (IP, Privacy and Data Security)
Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Bloomberg BNA seeks an Associate Legal Editor to perform simple to moderate legal analysis and legal writing for assigned publication(s).
Employees of this classification perform most of the following, as assigned:
- Screen cases, legislation, regulations and other legal developments; analyze issues; edit, report, research, update and/or write legal content.
- Develop and maintain sources and professional contacts in the government and private sectors.
- Participate in production of unit's publication(s).
- Develop and maintain knowledge of issues in relevant legal fields.
- Stay abreast of and effectively use electronic resources and other tools to perform the job effectively.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
2+ years’ experience in some combination of legal writing and/or legal practice; abilities in legal research, analysis, and writing in federal and state regulatory, legislative, and judicial processes; ability to carry out assigned research and writing projects within deadlines under general supervision; proficient editing and organizational skills; ability to use BBNA publishing tools and other technology effectively with BBNA training; and ability to interact effectively with colleagues, sources, and others. Juris Doctor. Relevant coursework and/or experience preferred.
Candidates are required to pass a test for this position.