U.S. Customs Classification Specialist
A preferred Sparks Group partner is seeking a U.S. Customs Classification Specialist. The position requires an in-depth knowledge of Customs Regulations and is a long-term/indefinite contract. Apply now or call 703-620-6444!
- Determine the composition of products to facilitate clearance of goods through US customs
- Determine proper HTSUS and ECCN classification and County of Origin requirements in order to assist clients
- Work with shipping team to monitor shipments against export licenses
- Help to resolve complex import/export issues
- Assist with the collection and organization of documentation required to obtain Technical Assistance Agreements, Commodity Jurisdictions, Classification Requests, and other requests for approval to the Office of Defense Trade Controls, U.S. Dept. of State; the Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Department of Commerce, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Provide analysis on international trade/customs issues
- Minimum of 3 years experience in import/export compliance operations
- 4 years supply chain experience preferred
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office
- Professional demeanor and communication skills
Qualified candidates should send their resume AND call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note, resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered. We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!