Electronics Engineer - Senior RAN Architect (DHA)
Occasional travel - Up to 25% travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, U.S. Department of Education website at - https://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/ or to see if your college or university is accredited, go to the ABET accredited institution website at - http://www.abet.org.
Foreign Education: Education that has been completed in a foreign college or university may be used to meet the job requirements. In order to receive credit in the examination for your foreign education, you must have your foreign education evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education credentials. Such education must be declared as the equivalent of similar undergraduate or graduate work in a U.S. institution. For additional information please go to the following websites: Recognition of Foreign Qualifications - https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html, National Association of Credential Evaluations Services - http://www.naces.org/ or Association of International Credential Evaluators - http://aice-eval.org/. You must provide a copy of the letter containing the results of the equivalency evaluation with a course by course listing along with your application. Failure to provide such documentation will result in lost consideration.
You are not required to submit official documents at this time; copies are sufficient.
This position has a positive education requirement which must be met in addition to the specialized experience outlined below.
Basic Requirements: Degree in Professional Engineering. To be acceptable, the curriculum must: (1) be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science of physics; a) statics, dynamics; b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; d) thermodynamics; e) electrical fields and circuits; f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and g) other comparable areas of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics or electronics.
Combination of education and experience -- college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by one of the following:
1. Professional registration or licensure-- Current registration as an Engineer Intern (EI), Engineer in Training (EIT)1, or licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) by any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, or Puerto Rico. Absent other means of qualifying under this standard, those applicants who achieved such registration by means other than written test (e.g., State grandfather or eminence provisions) are eligible only for positions that are within or closely related to the specialty field of their registration. For example, an applicant who attains registration through a State Board's eminence provision as a manufacturing engineer typically would be rated eligible only for manufacturing engineering positions.
2. Written Test-- Evidence of having successfully passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)2 examination or any other written test required for professional registration by an engineering licensure board in the various States, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico.
3. Specified academic courses -- Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical, and engineering sciences and that included the courses specified in the basic requirements under paragraph A. The courses must be fully acceptable toward meeting the requirements of an engineering program as described in paragraph A.
4. Related curriculum-- Successful completion of a curriculum leading to a bachelor's degree in an appropriate scientific field, e.g., engineering technology, physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology, or geology, may be accepted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, provided the applicant has had at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional engineering supervision and guidance. Ordinarily there should be either an established plan of intensive training to develop professional engineering competence, or several years of prior professional engineering-type experience, e.g., in interdisciplinary positions. (The above examples of related curricula are not all-inclusive.)
Regardless of the field of undergraduate study, completion of the requirements for a master's or higher degree in engineering is fully qualifying for the grade indicated, provided the applicant's total background, i.e., education and any experience, demonstrates evidence of knowledge, skills, and abilities that are substantially equivalent to those acquired through the successful completion of the courses specified under Basic Requirements above.
This position is being advertised at the ZP-05, which is equivalent to the GS-15 grade level. Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level (or equivalent pay band) in the Federal service.
Specialized Experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Such experience includes:
1. Planning and developing a wide-array of radio access network plans for a 4G LTE network on a state-wide and/or nation-wide scale, utilizing radio planning tools and software such as Planet Mentum and Atoll; 2. devising wireless network coverage solutions for rural/remote areas; and 3. serving as a senior technical liaison to the senior leadership of outside organizations and stakeholders regarding LTE RAN planning and development. This specialized experience must be clearly documented in your resume.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience including volunteer experience.
This position has a positive education requirement. Please see educational requirements under "Qualifications" within this vacancy.
ICTAP candidates will be eligible if it is determined that they have exceeded the minimum qualifications for the position by attaining at least a rating of 85 out of 100. ICTAP applicants MUST submit the following documents:
1. A copy of your RIF separation notice; of proposed removal for failure to relocate; notice of disability annuity termination; certification from your former agency that it cannot place you after your recovery from a compensable injury; or certification from the National Guard Bureau or Military Department that you are eligible for disability retirement.
2. A copy of your SF-50 “Notification of Personnel Action”, documenting your RIF separation, noting your positions, grade level, and duty location, and/or Agency certification of inability to place you through RPL, etc.;
3. A copy of your latest performance appraisal including your rating; and
4. Any documentation from your agency that shows your current promotion potential.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. You must have scored at least an 85 out of 100 based upon your responses to the assessment questions for your application to be considered. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the job opportunity announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/ No, Multiple Choice questions). Your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the scored occupational questionnaire, or your score may be lowered. The best qualified candidates will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
If referred, all relevant documents including performance appraisals and incentive awards submitted with your application package will be forwarded to the selecting official for review and consideration.
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
- Knowledge of Radio Access Network (RAN) planning for a 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) wireless network on a state-wide and/or nation-wide scale.
- Ability to plan and develop a wide array of radio access network plans.
- Ability to apply knowledge of all aspects of RAN planning and design.
- Skill in utilizing appropriate radio planning tools and software.
- Ability to conduct organizational and capacity planning at an expert level for a large-scale LTE network.
- Skill in providing authoritative representation of RAN planning and optimization strategies to outside organizations.
Time in Grade/band requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement unless eligible for special hiring authority, reinstatement eligible, non-current Federal employee applying as a VEOA eligible which do not require time-in-grade/band.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Applicable Drug test required No