Deputy Director, Human Resources Center
Occasional travel - Occasional travel maybe required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Candidates must possess executive level experience with large scale Human Resources Programs. Applicants must possess technical and management experience, and have developed the knowledge and skills required for effective performance of the specific duties of the position. Candidates must have had experience at a major management level (normally equivalent to the GS-15 level in the federal service).
All applicants MUST separately address the mandatory technical qualifications (MTQs) and Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs). Applicants will be required to address the MTQs and ECQs when applying on line. Responses to ECQs must not exceed 10 pages. For additional guidance, applicants may visit the Office of Personnel Management's Guide to Senior Executive Qualifications located at: http://www.opm.gov/ses/handbook.html. Applicants are encouraged to follow the Challenge, Context, Action, and Result model outlined in the guide. Current/Former Career SES or SES Candidate Development graduates who have been certified by OPM must address the MTQs, but need not address the ECQs. In order to successfully complete the online application process you must input the term, "noncompetitive eligible" in the text boxes for each of the ECQs. You must submit a Standard Form 50 that documents your SES Career appointment or a copy of your OPM Candidate Development certification. MANDATORY EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQ's):
- Leading Change: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
- Leading People: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
- Results Driven: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- Business Acumen: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
- Building Coalitions: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: In addition to the ECQ's above, qualified applicants must possess the following three (3) technical qualifications which represent the experience required to perform the duties of this position. Proficiency in these technical qualifications MUST be clearly documented in your application package and should be addressed separately.
- Human Capital Management: Experience leading a human capital (HC) management program for a large, complex, multi-layered organization which covers the full spectrum of leadership responsibilities in designing, developing and implementing the full scope of operational employment programs and policies covering all human resources disciplines, including recruitment, classification, labor/and employee relations, worklife programs, executive personnel, etc.
- HR Technology: Experience in managing, recommending improvements to, and overseeing the development of HR information systems (e.g., automated recruiting and processing systems, automated personnel data systems, HC tracking systems).
- Customer Service and Service Delivery: Experience in creating, managing, and implementing organizational plans/goals that focus on improving customer relations and service delivery within the context of an operational environment, to include conducting organizational skills assessments, developing change management strategies and workforce planning strategies.
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Candidates will be evaluated based upon their qualifications. In addition, applicants will be evaluated based upon their responses to the Executive Core Qualifications. If, upon initial review, a candidate demonstrates a satisfactory level of expertise in all the above qualification factors, he/she will be further evaluated on the degree of possession of these factors to determine whether he/she will be among the group of highly qualified candidates referred for selection consideration. A structured interview may be required.
To preview questions please click here.