Principal Deputy Chief information Officer
25% or less - Occasional overnight travel required, 1-5 nights per month
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation or recruitment incentive and/or moving expenses may be paid in accordance with Federal Travel Regulations, pending funding availability
- This is a career position in the SES. Unless the selectee is already a member of the SES with career status or has successfully completed an SES Candidate Development Program certified by OPM, executive qualifications must be approved by OPM before the appointment can be effected.
- If you are selected for this position, you will be subject to the U.S. Department of Energy mandatory requirements and will be required to file a public financial disclosure report (OGE-278) within 30 days of entry on duty.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE-Q level security clearance.
- As a condition of appointment to this position, you will be subject to pre-employment/pre-appointment testing for illegal drug use under the U.S. Department of Energy Employee Drug Plan. If you are selected you will be provided information regarding drug testing. Failure to undergo testing or positive findings resulting from the test will eliminate you from further consideration for this position. If selected for and appointed to this position you will be subject to random drug testing while employed.
- Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD-12). A selectee's appointment is contingent upon compliance with Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD-12) governing personal identity.
- New appointees must successfully complete a 1 year SES probationary period
- MTQ 1: Progressively responsible and substantial expertise in planning, development and oversight of enterprise-wide strategies, plans, service (including shared device) delivery, system and infrastructure consolidation programs for large, diverse organizations and experience doing so in consultation with various stakeholders and constituencies requiring management of strategic and sometimes competing objectives.
- MTQ 2: Recent and significant experience in developing a vision and strategy for a large organization and aligning budget and implementation plans to that strategy.
- MTQ 3: Skill in communicating on technical issues with executive, line managers and staff managers, in order to devise responsive, efficient information resource management solutions to program-critical tasks, including demonstrated ability to present complex technical issues in clear, concise terms.
New employees to the Department of Energy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify."
- The Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Veteran’s Preference does not apply to the Senior Executive service (SES).
- All males born after December 31, 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
- You may be required to complete an OF-306, “Declaration for Federal Employment” form used to (a) determine your suitability for Federal Employment and/or (b) in conducting an investigation to determine your suitability or ability to hold a security clearance.
- Applications contain information subject to the Privacy Act (PL 93 579, 5 USC 552a). The information is used to determine qualifications for employment and is authorized under Title 5, USC, Section 3302 and 3361.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be rated and ranked using only the information submitted for consideration. Applicants who do not demonstrate sufficient possession of the Executive Core Qualification (ECQ) factors and document demonstrated experience, training, and/or education in support of the technical qualifications by answering all of the questions for this vacancy announcement, will be ineligible for further consideration. Applicants will be evaluated on their narrative responses to the Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) and all of the Mandatory Technical Qualifications (MTQs). The narrative must demonstrate the necessary level of skills, specialized knowledge, and technical competence that would indicate success at this level and must include clear and concise examples that emphasize the applicant's level of responsibilities, scope, and complexity. Please refer to the reference guide indicated in the link below to ensure the proper procedures for submission are followed. For detailed guidance on ECQs, applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Office of Personnel Management's Guide to Executive Qualifications at SES RECRUITMENT/ECQ.
To preview questions please click here.