Vice President Operations, Sentara Obici Hospital
The Sentara Obici Hospital (SOH) divisional Vice President has two primary focus areas:
First, the position is part of the Sentara Western Tidewater leadership team, which is responsible for the execution of a market based strategic plan. The VP has specific market responsibilities as part of the overall Sentara Western Tidewater team.
Second, the executive is responsible for being part of the Executive Leadership team at Obici and works to achieve the organization's short and long-term objectives, and to provide leadership for viability of the hospital. The VP will be responsible for the direction and coordination of the business and operational activities of assigned departments. Responsibilities include assurance of quality patient care and exceptional service; adherence to fiscal and philosophical guidelines of Sentara Healthcare; coordinating external and internal support for effective operations, and aligns with corporate departments to achieve established goals and objectives. The VP participates with key leaders of the community, management, medical staff, clinical staff and the entire SOH medical campus to successfully execute goals and objectives.
Master's Level Degree
Key Selection Criteria:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Consistent performance in achieving established Quality and Safety Improvements.
• Experience in leading high-performance teams: Candidates should be proven leaders with a record of accomplishment leading teams and achieving results through the contributions of that team.
o Sentara Obici Hospital operates with a matrixed leadership model with dual reporting relationships to the system executive responsible for the specific function.
• Consistent record of accomplishments and the capability/flexibility to operate effectively leading change as well as effectively managing change at the hospital level.
• Demonstrated leadership in the skills of Adaptability and Flexibility: Must function well in a dynamic environment and be agile enough to seize opportunities that present themselves.
• Innovation: The candidate should have experience in innovating new products, service lines, and programs to achieve the goals for the organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the confidence to represent the organization in both formal and informal settings. Transparency and an open communication style will be important as the facility grows and becomes a healthy “disruptor” in the market. He/she must be accessible and deemed approachable by employees and physicians.
• Physician network development and management, and clinical quality and process management.
• Broad Understanding and Experience within the Health care continuum.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• A Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration or a closely related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive hospital or healthcare related operations experience in leadership/administration.
• 8 years of progressive hospital or healthcare related operations experience in leadership/administration is strongly preferred.
• A minimum of 2 years at a recent or current Director Level and experience managing large teams are both preferred.
• Experience in leading a system initiative involving matrixed responsibilities to achieve system goals.
• Experience in service line team leadership with specific deliverable outcomes.
• Consistent performance in meeting financial, quality, Patient Satisfaction, Employee Satisfaction, Safety and Strategic goals.
• Be an individual who desires to become a CEO of a Hospital or major division within Sentara.
None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
Required: Communication, Judgment and Decision Making, Leadership, Mgmt of Financial Resources, Mgmt of Staff Resources, Negotiation, Service Orientation, Social Perceptiveness
Preferred: None, unless noted in the “Other” section below
All licenses must be maintained in area of specialty.