Coordinator of Scientific Projects
Our studies impact public health initiatives on a global scale occurring in more than sixty countries spanning across six continents. We are dedicated to providing statistical and epidemiological expertise, computer systems deployment, data management, study monitoring, regulatory guidance, and overall operational support to clients engaged in biomedical research. Emmes offers support for the entire process of clinical trials from study design and protocol development through data analysis and manuscript generation.
Emmes is seeking a Coordinator of Scientific Projects to assist with heading up and supporting Scientific Steering Committees for the NCI by developing and prioritizing large phase II and phase III oncology trials.
- Coordinating scientific working groups and committees of cancer researchers
- Scheduling conference calls and meetings for these working groups and committees
- Following up on existing action items, including sending reminders, to keep their projects on track Project management skills are key
- Independently identifying, anticipating, prioritizing, and following up on new action items needed to advance projects towards their goals
- Gathering information and materials from investigators for cancer research-related activities
- Organizing and compiling materials for conference calls and in-person meetings of cancer researchers
- Writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and workflows to establish new processes, for example related to the review of scientific studies by committees. Refining these SOPs as processes are implemented
- Writing scientific summaries of calls/meetings pertaining to cancer research. An ability to identify and succinctly list the action items stemming from these calls/meetings is key
- Compiling and distilling scientific information, such as results of PubMed searches
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or health-related field with 2 years of related work experience required or Master’s degree with demonstrated knowledge of scientific research
- Strong understanding and knowledge of biology; experience in an Oncology clinical research trials environment preferred Ability to collaborate with internal and external customers and work well in a team-oriented setting Must be organized, detail oriented, and have excellent written and oral communication skills Excellent skills in prioritization, problem solving, organization, decision-making, time management and planning Ability to format documents for consistent, professional appearance Self-motivated and high attention detail required
CONNECT WITH US!!
Follow us on Twitter - @EMMESCorp
Find us on LinkedIn - The EMMES Corporation
The EMMES Corporation is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.