Director, Customer Solutions Engineering
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Lead and manage the functional area of Customer Solutions Engineering (CSE) which applies system level communications engineering expertise to pre- and post-sales consultation with customers, sales, and operations. The CSE team identifies customer needs, designs technical and operational solutions adapted to these needs and finalizes the solution, ultimately leading to contract. The CSE manages the senior technical relationship with the customer for the entire life cycle of the service including supporting operations and the customer during transition and grooming activities as well as times of technical/operational difficulties. The Director will participate with other senior managers in establishing strategic plans and objectives, making final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensuring the effective achievement of objectives.
You must have the following knowledge, skills and/or abilities to be considered for the role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering, Physics, Math or a related discipline with at least ten (10) years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with satellite operations, satellite design & manufacturing, communications operations and the sales process.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Suite with advanced skill in MS Excel.
- Strong organizational, communication (English language skills both written and oral) and interpersonal skills with ability to pro-actively engage with customers and senior management.
- Demonstrated leadership and recent, relevant experience in people management, including the ability to lead and develop talent. •
- Strong project management and process improvement skills
- Demonstrable ability to work with all levels of an organization both internally and externally; including the ability to identify team impacts of decisions on other internal departments.
- Ability to collaborate, motivate and lead cross-functional teams to identify, recommend and implement win-win solutions that meet the objectives of the organization and needs of our customers.
- Ability and desire work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
The following knowledge, skills and/or abilities are highly desired:
- Additional educational background or work experience in business, strategy, marketing or sales.
- Establish & maintain concept of operations, core principals, processes and standards to achieve desired vision for the organization.
- Ensure consistency of process, roles & responsibilities across CSE regions.
- Support resolution & prioritization of cross-regional activities and conflicts.
- Provide guidance and leadership for operational issues that arise.
- Ensure close coordination with Commercial Strategy team, Capacity Management, Sales and all functions of service implementation and operation.
- Provide a senior management presence to regions when necessary, utilizing the authority to coordinate & maintain key critical relationships with senior regional sales and customer representatives.
- Coordinate regional inputs & provide CSE leadership for satellite deployment planning activities.
- Provide a point of contact for customers at trade shows and Intelsat events.
- Establish and track progress towards annual goals and objectives.
- Identify and track key metrics to drive performance and focus on priorities.
- Ensure unique regional HR needs are addressed. Be willing to manage a multi-cultural workforce across geographic regions.
- Ensure regional teams have the tools, resources, standards and processes needed to perform their duties.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.