Forensic Latent Print Analyst
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Security clearance requires a background investigation, a criminal records check, and proof of U.S. citizenship. Qualified applicant (if not currently an Inspection Service employee) must successfully pass a drug screening to meet the Inspection Service's requirement.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in order to prepare reports of examination results and conclusions, and provide testimony as an expert witness before state, federal or other judicial bodies.
- Ability to provide training related to laboratory services, evidence collection, and field examination.
- Ability to conduct and document scientific research related to latent print examinations.
- Skill in the use of magnifiers and digital / optical enhancement instrumentation.
- Knowledge of forensic science techniques, laboratory protocols, scientific methodologies, quality assurance standards and latent print examination procedures sufficient to conduct detailed and complex analyses and interpretation of the value of evidentiary items.
- Ability to render conclusions/opinions and make recommendations based on scientific practices of recognition, collection, and interpretation of physical evidence related to latent print examinations.
- Knowledge of evidence collection, preservation, packaging and shipment procedures sufficient to serve as a technical advisor in such matters and to ensure evidence handling requirements are met.
- EDUCATION: Applicants must possess a Bachelor's degree in forensic science, physical or biological sciences, life sciences, chemistry or a closely related field from a college or university accredited by a national or regional accreditation organization recognized and sanctioned by the U.S. Department of Education.
Please read the "Qualifications" section.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Please read the "Next steps" section.Read more Security clearance Other