Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- A Bachelor's degree or prior experience as a sworn police officer is required (either is required, not both).
- Applicants must be mature, reliable, skilled in oral and written communication, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Applicants must have no record of felony convictions, and must not currently be involved in any pending criminal charges.
- Applicants who possess prior military service must have been separated under honorable conditions (honorable discharge).
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens, at least 21 years of age, but not yet 37 years of age at the date of appointment (this position is covered under federal law enforcement retirement provisions, which stipulate mandatory retirement at age 57 after at least 20 years of service). The maximum age may be waived with prior qualifying federal law enforcement service under the same retirement system.
- Applicants must be licensed to drive and have an excellent driving record.
- Employment is subject to successful completion of a medical exam, which includes rigorous fitness standards and a background investigation.
- A high school diploma is required.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Prior experience as a sworn police officer with a thorough knowledge of law enforcement techniques and practices may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
Working for the Supreme Court of the United States Police Force offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, life insurance, health benefits, premium pay, and eligibility for retirement with 20 years of service at age 50, or 25 years service at any age. Additional benefits include flexible spending accounts, long-term care insurance, and the SmartBenefits transit subsidy.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review and assess your application package in comparison with the posted qualifications for the position.Read more Security clearance Not Applicable