Occasional travel - Some travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.Applicants must have at least one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience at the next lower band level equivalent to the AC-II (GS-9) level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience performing the following administrative duties: making and coordinating travel arrangements, maintaining calendars and schedules, arranging and coordinating meetings, managing and maintaining databases, and providing telephone and office coverage.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date.
There is no education requirement for this position.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
OPTION FOR ADDITIONAL SELECTIONS: Based on the staffing needs, additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid for by the GAO.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: GAO provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request accommodation, please email ReasonableAccommodation@gao.gov.
The U.S. Government Accountability Office’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job. If you meet all of the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Please make sure that your responses to the assessment questions are supported in your resume. Follow all instructions carefully as incomplete answers, errors, or omissions may affect your rating. Your rating will be invalid if you fail to include a narrative reply to any vacancy question(s) that requires further explanation or your reply is "see resume."
All applicants will be rated based on their responses to the assessment questions, in conjunction with the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Expert knowledge of administrative policies and procedures and comprehensive understanding of the latest trends in administrative support to develop new and innovative approaches that focus on increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of administrative operations.
- Ability to identify relevant data sources, evaluates data accuracy, and analyze data.
- Skill in office software packages such as Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint to prepare correspondence, track information, and produce briefings and reports.
- Skill in communicating clearly and effectively both orally and in writing. By way of definition, oral communication may include methods used by employees with disabilities such as sign language interpretation, text-to-speech or TTY technology, and amplification devices.
- Ability to maintain financial expenditure records and provide periodic reports to assist organization management in budget execution and formulation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a number of administrative areas where each project or area has unique requirements, customers/stakeholders, and procedures.
- Ability to collaborate with agency staff to gain their assistance in implementing improvement initiatives in assigned administrative and support areas.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation