IT Project Manager
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required for meetings and training purposes.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level)
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-14 salary range starts at $114,590 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must
you must have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service as described below:
IT SPECIALIST COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Attention to Detail - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant investigates and evaluates “state of the art” technology of the industry.
- Customer Service - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant confers with users to evaluate the effectiveness of, or identify the need for, computer programs or management systems.
- Oral Communication - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant persuades others to take a particular course of action or to accept findings, recommendations, changes, or alternative viewpoints.
- Problem Solving - This skill is generally demonstrated by assignments where the applicant identifies and accommodates technology and resource constraints.
Bargaining Unit status: Not applicable
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel expenses associated with interviews maybeapproved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
- Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
- Relocation incentive if you are a current federal employee
- Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government
All the information you provide will be verified by a review of the work experience and/or education as shown on your application forms, by checking references and through other means, such as the interview process. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
- You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Skill with web server configuration, monitoring, trending, application design, high availability;
1a. Skill with designing, developing and delivering complex software and IT systems in virtualized cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
1b. Skill with Open Source technology stack and microservices architecture.
1c. Skill with web server configuration, monitoring, trending, network design, high availability.
2a. Skill in systems integration in a diverse multi-platform environment.
2b. Skill in a broad range of hardware and software platforms including mobile platforms and devices.
- Ability to provide project management
3a. Knowledge of Agile principles, practices and methodology techniques
3b. Knowledge of current and emerging cloud and application development technologies (e.g. serverless computing, microservices, containerization, etc)
- Skill in using knowledge of IT acquisitions strategies
4a. Ability to lead other IT professionals performing systems design/development and review work.
4b. Ability to interpret, comprehend and follow program specifications applicable to complex problems.
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified [If the use of 4 categories is justified, adjust verbiage].
- We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No