Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required as necessary.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a Schedule A, Schedule C, or non-career SES political appointee
- Serve a two year trial period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position.
- Complete a “Declaration of Federal Employment” (OF-306) to determine suitability for Federal employment.
Applicants should have excellent oral communication, writing, research and analysis skills, and the ability to work effectively with other people, and exercise sound judgment. Applicants must have the ability to deal persuasively and tactfully with clients. The ability to present complex information in an understandable manner is critical.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-14 salary range starts at $114,590.00 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must possess all the following:
- Successful completion of a full course of study in a school of law accredited by the American Bar Association and possession of at least the initial professional law degree (J.D.); AND
- Bar Membership: You must be an active member of the Bar and in good standing of a Bar in a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico; AND
Experience: You must have at least 4 years of experience as a licensed attorney, of which at least 2 years must be specialized experience in Federal Government contracts (transactional matters, protests, and/or contract dispute litigation), with a preference for familiarity with the acquisition of professional services, such as scientific services, engineering services, and management consulting services, as well as Information Technology (IT). Additionally, knowledge of and/or experience in the areas of Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Commercial Solutions Opening (CSO) would be beneficial, but are not required.
Bargaining Unit status: Not applicable
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel expenses associated with interviews maybeapproved. Determinations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
On a case-by-case basis, the following incentives may be approved:
- Recruitment incentive if you are new to the federal government
- Credit toward vacation leave if you are new to the federal government
This job is being filled by an alternative hiring process and is not in the competitive civil service. It is excluded from provisions of the career transition assistance program.
Before being hired, you will be required to sign and certify the accuracy of the information in your application if you have not done this. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or you may be subjected to fine, imprisonment, or other disciplinary action.
Excepted Service - 2 year trial period.
All the information you provide will be verified by a review of the work experience and/or education as shown on your application forms, by checking references and through other means, such as the interview process. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be rated according to qualifications, general experience, specialized experience, demonstrated ability and willingness to meet requirements of position, and demonstrated interest in the practice area. Eligible candidates are evaluated on your resume to assess your overall possession of the competencies/knowledges, skills, and abilities listed below.
Knowledge of the relevant acquisition statutes and regulations, including the Federal Property and Administrative Service Act of 1949, as amended, the Competition in Contracting Act, the Office of Federal Procurement Policy Act (OFPP Act), the Federal Acquisition Regulation, and the GSA Acquisition Regulation.1a. Skill in conducting legal research, legal analysis and preparing legal opinions.
Knowledge of decisions of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, U.S. Court of Federal Claims, Civilian Board of Contract Appeals and Government Accountability Office relating to Federal procurement.2a. Skill in litigation and negotiation techniques
- Knowledge of Government contracting and the statutes, rules and regulations, and policies governing Federal procurement, including relevant statutes and procedures governing Federal rulemaking actions, including the OFPP Act and administrative law. 3a. Skill in reviewing and commenting upon regulatory and other promulgations.
We will verify your resume supports the above competencies/knowledges, skills, and abilities listed.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No