Rational Tools Engineer - 1564
6 days left
- Full Time
The MIL Corporation seeks a Rational Tools Engineer to support a Federal Government client at our Sterling, Virginia location. The Rational Tools Engineer will configure, operate and perform system administration of Configuration Management tools solutions.
• Configure, operate and perform system administration of Configuration Management tools solutions, primarily IBM Rational Collaborative Life cycle Manager (CLM), which includes Rational Team Concert (RTC), DOORS, RQM, etc.
• Establish and manage work items and dashboards within Rational CLM for project initiatives and/or code build and deployment
• Administer and maintain legacy IBM Rational installations: ClearQuest (CQ), ClearCase (CC), etc.
• Administer and support Rational to end users (including software development, testing and technical/infrastructure teams), in developing and managing environments, troubleshooting, preparing training material and conducting training
• Collaborate with other team members in planning, testing and upgrading of Configuration Management tools
• Create documents, including designs, test plans, User Guides, SOPs, and work instructions
• Other tasks as assigned
• Bachelor's in Information Technology or related field (experience can be substituted for degree)
• Expert level experience (5 to 8 years, 10 desired) in administration and configuration of IBM Rational tools or equivalent product suite, including configuration scripting using SQL, Perl, Visual Basic, etc., and Oracle database administration
• Expertise in planning, designing, implementing and administration of configuration repository solutions for IBM Rational tools, including database integration
• Experience with development, configuration, administration and operational support of Rational Jazz CLM suite, including RTC, DOORS and RQM
• Good understanding and knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) concepts and processes, including Agile
• Experience implementing Git/GitLab (release engineering and build automation is a plus)
• Experienced in documenting processes, work instructions, etc., and providing training
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and take complete ownership of assignments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• ITIL certification
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.
The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CJP