- Full Time
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
education and experience.
You qualify for the GS-07 grade level (starting salary $45,972) if you possess one of the following:
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 grade level in the Federal service that includes: assisting with performance audits
activities on assigned audits or portions of audits; preparing segments of draft performance audit reports; providing input in response to
requests for comments; preparing written communication of various types (i.e. reports, correspondence, briefings, and testimony); responding
to management inquiries, requests; and briefing supervisors on work accomplishments. OR
B. Possession of a bachelor's degree with superior academic achievement based on: 1) class standing in the upper third of your graduating class;
or 2) a grade point average of 3.0 or higher, out of a possible 4.0 based on 4 years of education or based on courses completed during the final 2
years of the curriculum, or 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 based on the average of the required courses completed in the major field or the
required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum (note that GPAs are round to one decimal); or 3) election
to a national scholastic honor society as listed by the Association of College Honor Societies. You must provide a copy of all transcripts necessary
as proof of superior academic achievement. OR
C. One full year of graduate level education in the field of studies listed above.
You qualify for the GS-09 level (starting salary $56,233) if you possess one of the following:
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service that included: 1) planning and conducting
performance audits activities on assigned audits or portions of audits; 2) participating in preparing segments of draft and final performance
audit reports; and, 3) presenting findings and justifying recommendations in meetings or conferences in accordance with Government Auditing
B. Possession of a master's or equivalent graduate degree, or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a
degree in the fields of study required under the positive education requirement; or LL.B. or J.D. if related to the position, OR
C. A combination of the above-defined education and experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to
perform the duties of the position successfully.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
The qualification requirements listed above must be met by the closing date 07/13/2018of this announcement.
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office.
- Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement). Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: https://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/search.aspx. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly.
- Special Instructions For Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.- Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement). Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: https://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/search.aspx. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly.
NOTE: You must attach a copy of your transcripts for verification.
DHS offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package, including: health, dental, vision, life, and long-term care insurance; retirement plan; Thrift Savings Plan [similar to a 401(k)]; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; personal leave days; and paid federal holidays. Other benefits may include: flexible work schedules; telework; tuition reimbursement; transportation subsidies; uniform allowance; health and wellness programs; and fitness centers. DHS is committed to employee development and offers a variety of employee training and developmental opportunities. For more information, go to the DHS Careers website and select "Benefits." Disabled veteran leave will be available to any Federal employee hired on or after November 5, 2016, who is a veteran with a service-connected disability rating of 30 percent or more.
If you receive a conditional offer of employment for this position, you will be required to complete an Optional Form 306, Declaration for Federal Employment, and to sign and certify the accuracy of all information in your application, prior to entry on duty. False statements on any part of the application may result in withdrawal of offer of employment, dismissal after beginning work, fine, or imprisonment.
Background Investigation: To ensure the accomplishment of our mission, DHS requires every employee to be reliable and trustworthy. To meet those standards, all selected applicants must undergo and successfully pass a background investigation for a Top Secret clearance as a condition of placement into this position.
Veterans, Peace Corps/VISTA volunteers, and persons with disabilities possess a wealth of unique talents, experiences, and competencies that can be invaluable to the DHS mission. If you are a member of one of these groups, you may not have to compete with the public for federal jobs. To determine your eligibility for non-competitive appointment and to understand the documentation that is required, click on the links above or contact the Servicing Human Resources Office listed at the bottom of this announcement.
DHS uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, we will use a job questionnaire to place you in one of three categories based on your experience, education, and training. The competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform this job are:
- Oral Communication
If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be placed in one of the following categories:
1. Best-Qualified: Applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position and demonstrate high proficiency in all of the critical competencies, including all Selective Placement Factors (SPF) and appropriate Quality Ranking Factors (QRF) as determined by the job analysis.
2. Well-Qualified: Applicants possessing experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position and demonstrates acceptable proficiency in all of the critical competencies, including all SPFs and appropriate QRFs as determined by the job analysis.
3. Qualified: Applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position and demonstrate basic proficiency in most of the critical competencies, including all SPFs and appropriate QRFs as determined by the job analysis.
If you are best qualified, you may be referred to the hiring manager for consideration and may be called for an interview.
Preview the job questionnaire.https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10204884~
Veterans: Qualified veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10% are listed in the best-qualified category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level, or higher. (This position is considered scientific/professional.) Other 10-point preference eligibles and veterans with 5-point preference who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements are placed above non-preference eligibles within the category in which they qualify. View information on veterans' preference.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Eligibles: If you have never worked for the federal government, you are not ICTAP eligible. View information about ICTAP eligibility on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. To be considered eligible under ICTAP, you must be placed in the well-qualified category for this position, as described above. In addition, you must submit the supporting documents listed under the required documents section of this announcement. Read more Security clearance Top Secret