Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC)
Occasional travel - Occasional Travel
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-14, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
-Identifying, documenting, implementing recommendations, or conducting reviews to ensure compliance with the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
In addition to meeting specialized experience, applicants must also show proficiency in 1) attention to detail, 2) customer service, 3) oral communication, and 4) problem solving.
-This is a Direct Hire Authority announcement; selections may be made from this announcement or any other
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Analytical, Communication and Technical. This announcement is issued under "direct-hire" authority. Consistent with 5 U.S.C 3304(a)(3) and OPM regulations (5 CFR 337 Subpart B) on direct-hire: All candidates who meet all the qualification and other eligibility requirements may be referred for consideration. Competitive examining rules providing for rating and ranking, category rating, and veterans' preference do not apply. We will evaluate your application by comparing your description of your work experience, level of responsibility, and accomplishments, with the requirements of the position to determine whether you meet all the qualification requirements. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority. "Well-qualified" means that in addition to meeting all the basic qualification and eligibility requirements, you possess knowledge, skills, and abilities which clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for this position, and you would be able to satisfactorily perform the duties of this position upon entry.
To preview questions please click here.