Bioinformatics Programmer, Biochemistry and Molecular and Cellular Biology - Georgetown University
- Full Time
Bioinformatics Programmer, Biochemistry and Molecular and Cellular Biology - Georgetown University Medical Center
Georgetown University Medical Center (GUMC) is an internationally recognized academic medical center whose missions of research, teaching and patient care are carried out with a strong emphasis on community outreach and the Jesuit principle of cura personalis — care of the whole person. GUMC consists of the School of Medicine, the School of Nursing & Health Studies, Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Biomedical Graduate Research and Education.
The Bioinformatics Programmer, in an entry-level position in a highly collaborative environment, works work on glycoinformatics and glycoproteomics projects for a NIH-funded glycoscience portal and the Clinical and Translational Glycoscience Research Center (CTGRC). She/he has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Performs computer programming in support of glycoinformatics and glycoproteomics projects.
- Participates in project planning and management activities.
- Documents and/or provides presentations on glycoinformatics and glycoproteomics projects.
- Participates in manuscript preparation.
- Interacts with PI and other faculty members.
- Master's degree in Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or related field
- Demonstrated experience on research bioinformatics and/or computational biology projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High motivation and ability to work independently.
- Ability to show evidence, in publicly visible projects, of experience on research bioinformatics and/or computational biology projects
- Experience in glycoinformatics; mass-spectrometry, proteomics, and glycoproteomics data analysis; semantic web technologies and ontologies; bioinformatics portals and data resources; and computer algorithms and data-structures for graphs and trees
- High-performance and cloud computing and related DevOps skills
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.