Public Relations & Marketing Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
The George Mason University, School of Business is looking for an energetic, organized and detail oriented Marketing and Communications Coordinator. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment. This is a full-time classified staff position with full benefits.
Responsibilities: The Marketing and Communications Coordinator position has responsibilities in the following areas: Social Media which includes:
- Managing and monitoring School of Business social media accounts, including Wordpress, Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook, YouTube, and other channels, including the distribution of social media content through Hootsuite;
- Updating social media with error-free content and engage social media audiences on a daily basis; and
- Monitoring, analyzing, and adapting content based on social media analytics.
- Marketing and Communication Support which includes:
- Generating content for marketing and communications output, such as the School of Business website, emails, e-newsletter (and related metrics), and social media, consistent with the School of Business marketing and communications plans, messaging strategies, and marketing goals;
- Assembling, writing, and editing as necessary, as well as distributing newsletters, e-mail messages, press releases and other critical communications for organizational publications;
- Working with faculty and staff to generate and distribute news about the School of Business to the news media and other earned media outlets, across multiple channel;
- Tracking and reporting media pickup of School of Business news and information; and
- Monitoring and updating School of Business website and blogs, and serving as a resource for staff regarding website updates.
- Marketing planning and projects which includes:
- Producing, managing, and executing projects across all areas of the School of Business;
- Monitoring traffic progress of projects and campaigns and providing regular status reports;
- Managing production and other activities with the university and outside vendors;
- Assisting in collaborative, cross-functional market planning for assigned areas and specific projects, develop multichannel marketing strategies and execution plans, perform project management and coordination, and optimize marketing opportunities across all marketing assets; and
- Developing related multimedia content designed to increase School of Business awareness and branding, as well as specific marketing campaigns.
- Purchasing which includes:
- Utilizing the University eVA system and credit card as appropriate to process purchases for goods and services;
- Utilizing the University Travel Request System to generate travel authorizations and reimbursements; and
- Utilizing other University systems to aid the Marcom team with procurement needs as applicable (i.e., Sodexo Catering system, Food & Beverage forms, Payment Request Forms, purchasing card, etc.)
- Special Project Work:
- Executing special projects and initiatives as assigned that support the strategic mission of the school. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Email communication and website skills and experience, including content management systems, email marketing tools, Dreamweaver, Google Analytics, social media;
- Experience with managing social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Graphics and image creation experience (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere)
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of all applications in Microsoft Office, database expertise, and e-mail and network applications;
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with others to achieve results; and
- Good citizenship and the ability to work well with colleagues. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working in a higher education environment;
- Experience with the Commonwealth of Virginiaâ€™s procurement system (eVA);
- Experience purchasing goods and services for an organization;
- Experience processing travel authorizations and reimbursements for an organization;
- Excellent communication, analytical, strategic thinking and organizational skills; and
- Proactive problem solving skills, attention to detail, ability to motivate, and ability to learn new tasks quickly.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02826z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by July 19, 2018; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references. We will contact you directly if we require additional materials. Review of applications will begin on July 20, 2018and continue until the position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :