Media Marketing Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Multimedia Content Designer
The George Mason University School of Business is looking for an energetic, organized and detail-oriented Multimedia Content Designer. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment. This is a full-time classified staff position with full benefits.
Responsibilities: The Multimedia Content Designer position has responsibilities in the following areas:
- Graphic Design, which includes:
- Creating engaging designs for websites, email templates, social media, videos, and multimedia graphics;
- Designing, laying out, and packaging for production of print materials (newsletters, invitations, event displays, etc.)
- Maintaining graphic and brand standards in internal and external print and web publishing; and
- Serving as a content manager for the School of Business website, and managing graphic content on all digital properties.
- Working with Outside Vendors, which includes:
- Managing outside vendors to complete School of Business projects, such as printing and mailing vendors, marketing and graphic design vendors, and freelance artists;
- Working with digital channels to develop and execute digital marketing content; and
- Art direct photography and video production shoots as needed.
- Special Project Work:
- Executing special projects and initiatives, as assigned, that support the strategic mission of the school. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Acrobat Pro);
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with others to achieve results;
- Creativity, organization, deadline-driven enthusiasm, and an ability to articulate the mission of the School of Business in print and online graphic design;
- Possesses strong conceptual skills, high level of design, layout and typography; a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design approaches;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, especially in relation to clients and bringing their ideas to life through design;
- Strong typography, layout design, and production skills; and
- Good citizenship and the ability to work well with colleagues. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working in a higher education environment;
- Photography, videography, and digital media editing skills;
- Strong ability to communicate and present designs effectively, including client pitches, as well as to welcome feedback and incorporate requested changes as projects evolve,
- Experience in higher education;
- Marketing, advertising experience;
- Experience with digital marketing, channels, marketing analytics, and general marketing practices; and
- Fine art, drawing, or other specialized skills.
- Excellent communication, analytical, strategic thinking and organizational skills; and
- Proactive problem solving skills, attention to detail, ability to motivate, and ability to learn new tasks quickly.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02824z at http:jobs.gmu.edu by July 19, 2018; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references. We will contact you directly if we require additional materials. Review of applications will begin on July 20, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :