Public Relations & Marketing Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Marketing and Communications Specialist
The George Mason University, School of Business is looking for an energetic, organized and detail oriented Marketing and Communications Specialist. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment. This is a full-time classified staff position with full benefits.
Responsibilities: The Marketing and Communications Specialist position has responsibilities in the following areas:
- Content Creation and Analysis, which includes:
- Writing or creating content related to the news, events, history, research, and other stories of the School of Business;
- Writing and managing marketing content with design team for distribution across multiple channels including web, public relations, e-newsletters, social media, etc.;
- Developing and maintaining content for e-newsletters and website on a regular basis;
- Fact-checking all content for accuracy;
- Editing content created by others to align with the School of Businessâ€™ style and brand alignment;
- Managing content for Marketing and Communications on the School of Business website; and
- Tracking, analyzing, and reporting engagement and impact of school content to guide strategic decisions about future content creation and channel selection.
- Project Management and Public Relations, which includes:
- Planning, designing, and the producing of school publications, program marketing and collateral, and online content;
- Working with faculty and program managers to develop content about research, expertise, and other accomplishments;
- Developing stories and other content about students, alumni, corporate partners, and other stakeholders;
- Collaborating in the layout and design of the publications with Marcomm publications team;
- Collaborating with the George Mason University PR to provide timely access to news and co-develops stories as needed; and
- Creating public relations content for use by the School of Business and the university on faculty research and accomplishments, student achievements, academic programs, and alumni news.
- Special Project Work:
- Executing special projects and initiatives as assigned that support the strategic mission of the school. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience editing using AP Style;
- Experience in content creation, production and distribution experience across multiple channels including web, PR, e-newsletter, social media and more;
- Experience writing for multiple audiences including alumni, corporate, donors, students, news media and the academic community;
- Experience creating and managing content with Microsoft Office and Adobe tools;
- Experience formatting and posting web content using a content management system;
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with others to achieve results; and
- Good citizenship and the ability to work well with colleagues. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working in a higher education environment;
- Experience in digital and traditional channel marketing, design and production, project management and planning.
- Excellent communication, analytical, strategic thinking and organizational skills; and
- Proactive problem solving skills, attention to detail, ability to motivate, and ability to learn new tasks quickly.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02823z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by July 19, 2018; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references. We will contact you directly if we require additional materials. Review of applications will begin on July 20, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :