Senior Service Support Analyst
Senior Service Desk Analyst
Office of Strategic Enrollment Management
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full-Time, Pay Grade 2.1
University of Maryland University College(UMUC) seeks a Senior Service Desk Analyst in the Office of Strategic Enrollment Management. This position reports to the Operations Manager of the IT Service Desk, and is expected to perform the responsibilities outlined below:
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- The Senior Service Desk Analyst is responsible for providing high quality 1st and 2nd tier remote technical support, to UMUC staff and tier 2 support for students and faculty. The Analyst is expected to provide technical services in a consistent, professional manner via phone and email. Must be able to work a 40 hour week, Monday through Friday, with shifts set between 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM; and participate in the weekly rotating of the on-call after hours support program.
- Senior Analysts should be able to clearly interpret, diagnose and take ownership of complex technical issues with a focus on first call resolution. S/he must be able to communicate with customers in a respectful, professional manner while avoiding the overuse of technical terminology and industry jargon. While resolution of technical inquiries is a key component of the Senior Analyst's responsibilities, s/he need to ensure customers are satisfied with the provided solution and overall support experience.
Resolution of functional and technical inquiries is a key component of a Senior Service Desk Analyst. S/he will act as the Service Desk team lead and carry out the duties listed below:
- Work in a team call center environment, providing peer mentoring and training to other Service Desk analyst, and Service Center Tier 1 support agents on applications and systems supported by the IT Service Desk.
- As needed, respond to requests for functional assistance from faculty regarding key features of the online learning environment and how to use them in a UMUC classroom.
- Identify process deficits and develop solutions for development and publication into the knowledge base.
- Identify process deficits and develop solutions as part of standard operating procedures (SOP) development.
- Participate in Quality Assurance monitoring and reviews to meet individual and team quality and SLA requirements.
- Outage, Event and Problem Incident monitoring and management.
- Ticketing and phone queue monitoring and management .
- Participate in projects as lead or contributor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Areas of support include, but are not limited to:
- Brightspace Learning Management System - Classroom functional/technical support
- PeopleSoft ERP
- Google Applications
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Remote Support and Meeting Collaboration Tools (Bomgar, WebEx.)
- Network Administration (LAN/WiFi, VPN, Active Directory, LDAP)
- Windows & Mac OS
- Mobile Devices (iPhone, iPad)
- Various University-wide applications
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, and (two) 2- (three) 3 years of experience in a comparable Service Desk/Help Desk or Call Center environment. Consideration will be given for candidates with 5+years of relevant experience in lieu of the required education.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Team Lead or Supervisory experience.
- ITIL Foundation and HDI Certifications are highly desired, or other industry certifications (A+, CNA, MCTS)
- Technical writing and knowledge management experience desired.
- Training development and/or delivery experience.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.