Manager, Software Engineering, Professional Services
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
Arc Publishing is a SaaS startup within the Washington Post for publishers and brands to produce, maintain and publish content for newsrooms and marketing teams. Arc is quickly becoming the leader in publishing focused software development.
The Professional Services team is responsible for developing bespoke solutions for new client onboarding onto the Arc Publishing platform. We're seeking a talented engineering manager to join our diverse team of engineers that is shaping the future of how we do client development at the Post. If you are highly motivated, passionate about clean code, and seeking a collaborative, inclusive environment, we'd like to hear from you.
- Lead and manage full stack teams of software engineers that design, implement, instrument, test, deploy and support their own code.
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects in an Agile process.
- Coach team members on a daily basis, set goals and conduct performance reviews.
- Own the full lifecycle of your team's QA and Operations.
- Have a deep understanding of how our products and client solutions are built and sometimes contribute technically to client soutions.
- Have an understanding of client needs and design solutions for how to achieve them.
- Work with Technical Delivery Managers and Product Owners to maintain a roadmap and project plan that meets the demands of our clients.
- Turn the roadmap into staffing needs and a hiring strategy.
- Implement a technical strategy that ensures future success of your products and teams.
- Contribute to design and architecture of systems that span multiple teams and/or products.
- Several years in an engineering management or senior engineering team lead role
- Experience architecting and implementing solutions on top of AWS
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills