Senior Civil Engineer
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Dewberry is currently seeking a Senior Civil Engineer/Project Manager to join our Site/Civil department in our Fairfax, VA office. This position will work on a variety of projects for clients within the commercial and government sector for urban/redevelopment sites. This is an excellent career opportunity for a self-motivated and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals, and the opportunity to mentor entry-level staff in the application of the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems. Typical projects involve site/civil design for public, institutional, commercial and industrial site development, and capital improvement projects in an urban environment.
- Act as a client liaison on a variety of public and private site infrastructure projects.
- Lead and mentor site/civil development team members in preparing, grading, roadway, storm water management systems, and erosion and sediment control plans using Civil 3D.
- Lead team members in preparation of all associated calculations, reports and spreadsheets.
- Collaborate and manage design teams in all aspects of a given project to develop detailed design documents for construction plans.
- Lead and mentor others in construction code research, written specifications, and approvals and permitting.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering required.
- 10 years of experience required.
- Proven experience with Urban sites in DC/Alexandria/Arlington (medical or university campus experience desired).
- Ability to lead and mentor other team members, including entry-level professionals.
- Professional Engineering License in Virginia or DC required.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Microsoft office is required.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.