The Administrative Assistant is a part-time (up to 32 hours/week) permanent position providing administrative and meeting support for the Association of Children’s Museums (ACM). The position reports directly to the Executive Director and works with other ACM staff. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Executive and Board Support
- Provides direct administrative support to Executive Director, including schedule management, travel arrangements, etc.
- Coordinates, with Executive Director, all board and board committee meetings and lists.
- Assists Executive Director with tasks related to board governance.
- Assists Executive Director with other office duties as assigned.
- Coordinates recruitment process for staff positions and manages new hire documentation.
- Works with offsite Director of Finance & Administration to coordinate check printing and contract signatures.
Office Support Responsibilities
- Answers incoming phone calls, directs the calls, takes messages and fulfills general member and non-member information requests.
- Maintains general ACM inbox and forwards emails to appropriate staff.
- Sorts/distributes incoming mail.
- Prepares weekly deposits and reconciles transaction batches.
- Orders office supplies.
- Manages office equipment and coordinates service calls.
- Serves as second point of contact after Executive Director with building landlord.
- Primary point of contact to office service providers such as internet and phone.
- Manages external IT contractor relationship and serves as point of contact for IT purchases.
- Staffs ACM on-site registration desk and attendee check-in at annual conference.
- Outstanding communication and organization skills.
- Prior experience in a similar organization a plus.
- Familiarity with basic office systems (phone systems, copiers, postage meters, etc.).
- Ability to work under time constraints and handle multiple tasks with competing priorities.
- Team-oriented, flexible and able to work well with people internally and externally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and a database system.
- 3-5 years work experience in office management and administrative support including vendor management.
About the Association of Children’s Museums
In an increasingly complex world, children’s museums provide a place where all kids can learn through play and exploration with the caring adults in their lives. There are approximately 400 children’s museums around the world, which annually reach more than 31 million visitors. ACM provides leadership, professional development, advocacy and resources for its member organizations and individuals.
ACM is a friendly, flexible work environment and is located in Arlington’s Crystal City neighborhood. ACM is accessible via public transportation and is a short walk or a shuttle ride from the Crystal City Metro Station. ACM offers competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Visit www.ChildrensMuseums.org to learn more about ACM.
ACM is committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse staff; individuals from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. ACM is an equal opportunity employer.