Manager, Continuing Education Marketing & Communications
The Manager, Continuing Education Marketing and Communications is responsible for executing all marketing efforts and communications related to the Continuing Education (CE) program. The incumbent reports directly to the Director of Continuing Education, but also works with all CE and ASHA staff to build brand awareness and ensure there is consistent messaging and communications related to the CE program.
- Execute campaigns that build brand awareness (i.e., earning ASHA CEUs) and increase non-dues revenue from ASHA CE Registry and ASHA Approved CE Provider fees.
- Work closely with the Director of CE and the business unit to develop and execute marketing plans and branding strategies. Stay abreast of customer and marketplace trends, competitive information and sales data, to inform decisions about marketing initiatives and new products.
- Collaborate with Professional Education’s Business Intelligence Analyst to create and pull e-mail lists, forecast marketing revenue, and make data driven decisions. Collaborate with Marketing and Sales staff to leverage propensity and segmentation data in meeting CE business objectives, and to ensure consistency of marketing messages and approaches.
- Evaluate results of marketing efforts, develop test and learn scenarios, and constantly improve the marketing message about CE's products and services.
- Develop Creative Briefs for campaigns. Articulate the goal(s) and objectives of a campaign to create effective marketing pieces.
- Create, update, and manage content related to all CE information and marketing communication channels such as the CE website, e-newsletter, templates, e-mails, and other communications.
- Manage CE's exhibits and represent CE at conferences, and at internal and external meetings as assigned.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Obtaining a Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Marketing and or Business Management
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing experience.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Develop and execute multiple, integrated cross-channel campaigns to meet marketing objectives
- Compare information from multiple sources to identify core issues and make decision
- Effectively communicate relevant, engaging marketing messages to different audiences
- Copywrite, proof, and edit marketing communications, including feedback to graphic designers on layout and design
- Extract data requests and utilize data to inform all marketing efforts. Also develop and interpret reports to track the results of campaigns, to make ongoing enhancements to the marketing effort
- Develop marketing survey tools to increase learning about the behavior of buyers and prospects
- Use relational databases, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and data visualization tools
- Develop and deploy effective campaigns using social media platforms
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Think analytically and objectively using insight, foresight, and data
- Be goal oriented. To have a passion for results with high standard for accomplishment: work to meet or exceed challenging goals; derive satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement
- Communicate, influence others, and work effectively with all staff
- Take action and initiative in order to complete projects
- Solve problems with a high degree of confidence in decision-making
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines by using excellent organizational skills. Attention to detail a must.
- Bring energy, fresh thinking, and innovative ideas to the marketing strategy and the implementation of marketing tactics.