Senior Web Designer
The Senior Web Designer will support the university’s online identity by planning, creating and maintaining the look, layout and visual features of websites critical to the university’s mission. Utilizing the latest industry trends and leveraging engaging interactive elements, the Senior Web Designer will create websites and application designs while adhering to accessibility, usability and brand guidelines.
The position will also create and maintain a shared enterprise web design library for use by campus partners and external web developers.
In addition, the web designer will plan, design and create high-end microsites for campus marketing initiatives targeting key constituents.
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):
Bachelor’s degree in art, design, computer science or related web field.
A minimum of 5 years as a key member of web design team with proven results working either in-house or at an agency, focusing on marketing, communications and/or higher education.
Experience participating in the complete design and development life cycle of websites and web applications.
Experience designing engaging and responsive websites with adherence to accessibility standards
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Exceptional visual design skills, including typography, hierarchy, layout, color and interaction
• Understanding of UI/UX principles and applications
• Ability to create informative sitemaps and wireframe prototype designs
• Knowledge of applying user, business and client requirements into user flows and information architecture
• Expert in Sketch app, Invision and Craft and/or other prototyping software
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications
• Strong design research, analytical and communication skills
• Self-motivated, innovative and possessing the keen ability to assess problems and implement solutions
• Proven collaboration with creative, editorial, marketing and communications teams
• Highly organized and detailed