Senior Coordinator for University Relations
The Senior Coordinator provides complex executive administrative support to the Assistant Vice President (AVP) of University Relations/Vice President of the UMCPFoundation at a professional level that includes analytical decision making and using sound judgement. S/he reports directly to the AVP for University Relations and provides routine administrative support to the Director of University Relations as necessary.
As administrative support to the VP of the UMCP Foundation, the Senior Coordinator manages the timely execution of the Board of Trustees infrastructure and processes, which includes but is not limited to recording and distributing all meeting minutes for the Board of Trustees, organizing and preparing meeting packets for the board, coordinating the production of the Board of Trustees member’s brochure. S/he also manages the day-to-day functions of the Assistant Vice President, including the calendar, meeting materials and travel arrangements, and it supports the AVP in coordinating the activities of the Offices of Campaign, Donor Relations & Stewardship, Prospect Management & Research and Special Events.
Independently, the Senior Coordinator handles volunteer, donor and trustee inquires; independently responds to correspondence and mail inquiries as appropriate; works directly with the President’s office, other university leadership offices and division and development staff across campus. S/he assists in the management of the Board of Trustees budget for trustee meetings and related activities and also assists in the management of all budgets overseen by the Assistant Vice President.
This position must be available to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed for meetings and special events.
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):
A minimum of 5 years of administrative experience. With a minimum of 2 years in assisting with budget management. Experience working with donors, volunteers and/or boards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to maintain flexibility and adapt quickly to fast-paced environment.
• Ability to collaborate and interact effectively with both external and internal audiences and capable of building strong work relationships in a complex environment.
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and appropriately both verbally and in writing.
• Must be able to handle sensitive matters with discretion and absolute confidentiality.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service
• Ability to create and maintain orderly databases and files.
• Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
• Ability to maintain websites and other communication tools such as listservs and portals.