Deputy Assistant Director, Directorate for Education and Human Resources
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation may be paid contingent on availability of funds.
Essential (Mandatory, must be addressed)
1. Ph.D. in STEM education, public education policy, or a STEM discipline; or equivalent professional experience, or a combination of education and equivalent experience in research and/or policy in at least one of the fields represented in the EHR Directorate (e.g., K-12, undergraduate, and/or graduate STEM education, learning in informal environments, learning sciences, STEM learning and learning environments, workforce development, broadening participation, and disciplinary STEM education.)
2. Senior management experience in academic, government, not-for-profit, and/or private sector national research and education endeavors directed at the enhancement of STEM education. Ability to establish a vision for the future of STEM education and learning.
3. Skill in building on the expertise and knowledge of researchers and educators in multiple disciplines to develop and implement approaches and programs that address important cross-cutting national challenges and priorities in STEM, and conduct research on learning.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of STEM education policy issues at Federal and/or state level, as related to EHR responsibilities and mission.
5. Demonstrated ability in providing liaison and communication with high-level officials of the Federal and scientific/education academic communities and with officials of major STEM organizations, the media and diverse audiences.
Essential (Mandatory, must be addressed)
1. Leading Change. Demonstrated ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Includes the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People. Demonstrated ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Includes the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results-Driven Leadership. Demonstrated ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Includes the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen. Demonstrated ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions. Demonstrated ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, non-profit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Applicants currently serving under a career Senior Executive Service (SES) appointment, eligible for reinstatement into SES, or have successfully completed a SES Candidate Development Program (CDP) approved by OPM are not required to address the Executive/Managerial Qualifications (ECQs/EMs); but a narrative statement for each of the mandatory Professional/Technical Qualifications (PTQs) is required.
For detailed guidance on ECQs, applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Office of Personnel Management's Guide to Executive Qualifications.
Security Clearance: Public Trust - Background Investigation
You must submit all required information by the closing date. If materials are not received, your application will not be considered eligible.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be screened for basic eligibility according to the qualification requirements. Eligible applicants will be reviewed by an Evaluation Panel according to the criteria based on the qualification requirements. The best qualified candidates will be referred to the appropriate official who will recommend selection. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, physical disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit reason.
There are no questions to preview in the link below.
To preview questions please click here.