National Bank Examiner/Bank Examiner (Consumer Compliance Policy Specialist), NB-0570-VI
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation benefits will be paid in accordance with OCC's Relocation policy. Free real estate information on job locations is available by calling OCC's relocation management firm at 1-877-237-5068.
If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- Complete a one-year trial period (unless already completed).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Travel overnight or locally on a frequent basis.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- File an OCC Financial Disclosure Form.
- Complete a financial disclosure review and resolve any ethics issues.
- Successfully complete a background investigation that includes criminal history, financial history (including a credit check) and other information.
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the NB-V band level or GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. Examples of specialized experience for this position include:
- Performing examinations, audits, risk assessments, or reviews of a financial institution’s consumer compliance management system; and
- Drafting new or revising existing consumer compliance processes for a financial industry regulatory agency, financial institution, financial industry trade association, consumer financial watchdog, or advocacy group related to lending, deposit-taking, or payments; and
- Experience interpreting or applying consumer compliance laws and regulations for a regulatory agency, financial institution, financial industry trade association, consumer financial watchdog, or advocacy group; and
- Identifying emerging compliance risk in the banking industry pertaining to new, modified, or expanded bank products and services.
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
Education cannot be used to qualify for this position.
- Click here for important information about OCC ethics standards, such as the requirement that new hires divest their bank securities.
- If you are a current OCC employee who previously received a waiver determination permitting you to retain bank securities due to extenuating circumstances, please note that this determination may be rescinded if the nature of your duties changes. We strongly suggest that you discuss the potential implications of any change in duties on a prior securities determination with your ethics official.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Technical Competence
- Risk Analysis
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference eligibles in that category. Qualified preference eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation