Head Custodian I
6 days left
- Full Time
The Head Custodian I serves as the working leader for an elementary school custodial team of less than four (4) custodians that performs building cleaning and facility operation work.
The Head Custodian I will perform quality control of the work performed by the custodial team and will ensure that the elementary school is properly cleaned and ready for the instructional day. The Head Custodian I receives general or specific directions or instructions from building administrators and ensures that the tasks are completed. During the school year, the Head Custodian I normally works the daytime shift. During school vacations and weather emergencies the Head Custodian serves as the working leader of the entire custodial team and works hours as determined by the building principal.
* Serves as the daytime custodian; prepares cleaning assignments for members of the custodial cleaning team and adjusts assignments for absences due to team member sickness or vacation; performs quality control of the work performed by the evening custodial team; ensures that all daily cleaning tasks are completed and that school is ready for the instructional day
* Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies, use as directed
* Ensures that exterior maintenance duties such as grass mowing, snow plowing, bush trimming, and trash collecting are performed
* Refers custodian discipline or poor performance issues to the building administrator
* Orders custodial supplies from Facilities Services
* Ensures that building security checks are completed every day when school is not in session; develops the summer break cleaning schedule and serves as team leader
* When assigned by the building administrator, provides building supervision for community use
* Performs related work as required
The Head Custodian I must possess the following combination of knowledge, abilities, and skills:
* Must possess leadership ability and cleaning knowledge and ability
* Working knowledge of methods, materials, and practices used in building custodian work including the proper use and care of custodial equipment
* Knowledge of safe and efficient procedures for operating custodial equipment and conducting custodial operations
* Ability to train and inspect the work of the custodial team
* Ability to read, write, and maintain routine records
* Good human relations and communications skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 50 pounds. May be exposed to extreme temperatures.