HRIS Manager - University Human Resources
HRIS Manager - University Human Resources
The HRIS Manager is an expert on Human Resources (HR) processes and transactions as well as a functional expert lead for all HR systems and reporting. S/he provides expertise in order to guide HR and the HR user-community by applying knowledge of HR Policies and practices, as well as proven communication, analytical, and problem solving skills, to produce timely, efficient and high quality results and deliverables. Reporting to the University Director of HR, Employment Services, the HRIS Manager has duties that include but are not limited to:
- Evaluates, documents, recommends, and implements efficient HR processes within GMS, and integrates with outside of GMS business process.
- Assists University Human Resources and collaborates with other departments that depend on GMS to ensure that system consequences are well understood mapped and managed.
- Co-Chairs the HCM Operations Committee to collaborate with campus HR representatives to recommend GMS processes and procedures.
- Leads change management and communication for the entire University on issues relating to GMS.
- Drafts and disseminates University-wide emails and communications using the IBM Marketing System, as well as Gmail or other platforms.
Training and Supervision
- Supervises the HCM Trainer in the creation and delivery of a suite of training materials in various formats.
- Assists in creation and delivery of training as needed.
- With the HCM Trainer and GMS Core Team, develops ongoing training and change management plans, and identifies departments and individuals requiring additional training.
- Supervises 2 HR Specialists responsible for the review and approval of HCM transactions.
- Takes the lead documenting outside of GMS Business Processes.
- Recommends changes to outside of business processes in light of GMS functionality.
- In coordination with GMS Core Team, tests HR related business transactions within GMS.
- Performs ongoing strategic training and testing work in close collaboration with the GMS Core Team to ensure a high level of system knowledge and understanding.
- Participates in testing and back end issues discussion to ensure a keen functional understanding of the system as it is, as well as how it is evolving through the release planning process.
- Leads in the development of reports for HR strategic responsibilities and projects, external agencies and auditors, and maintenance of HR web pages; as well as validation, operations, and data quality.
- Creates and disseminates ad hoc reports as requested by HR leadership.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in HR, HRIS or a related field - Master's degree preferred
- 5 years of experience in a human resources related field, including 2 years of experience with a complex HR system
- Strong HR knowledge and experience, excellent communication skills, and solid business acumen
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple time sensitive projects simultaneously
- Ability to work well successfully with a diverse group of individuals Experience with training and change management
- Experience with Workday strongly
- Experience in higher education
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or email@example.com.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.