Part-time WD&CE Grammar & Linguistics Instructor
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Job TitlePart-time WD&CE Grammar & Linguistics Instructor
Job Description SummaryMontgomery College is seeking an adjunct instructor for its TESOL Training Institute, an integrated series of noncredit TESOL course for those interested in training to become ESOL teachers for adult students. The instructor will be responsible for teaching a 40-hour course in Grammar & Linguistics Rules for an Integrated Approach to Adult ESOL. Must be able to teach on a Saturday from 9:00am to 2:00pm
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Create a curriculum for trainee teachers which focuses on teaching grammar and linguistics rules to Adult ESOL learners.
- Teach, evaluate and grade teacher trainees.
- Abide by all college policies and procedures.
- M.A. TESOL, M.A. Linguistics, M.A. Reading or M. Ed Adult Education.
- Experience teaching ESOL Grammar/Linguistics in an educational setting.
- Experience teaching adult ESOL for a minimum of two years.
- Experience as a teacher trainer.
- Experience working with a diverse adult student population.
- Proven experience in delivery of high quality instruction.
- Applicants for this position must attach a cover letter and curriculum vitae.
Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- A Master's Degree in TESOL or Education with coursework in ESOL Methodology, Teaching Grammar and/or Second Language Acquisition.
- Completion of a TESOL certificate program.
- Teaching experience in Adult ESOL.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
- Receipt of official transcript for the highest degree earned.
- Receipt of three letters of professional reference.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.