Associate Vice President
Associate Vice President
Office of the Chief Financial Officer
Exempt, Regular, Full-time
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Associate Vice President (AVP) to serve within the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Reporting directly to the CFO, the AVP will provide leadership, coaching, and supervision to multiple finance-related teams including Student Accounts, Payroll, as well as Compliance & Fraud.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leads and manages a centralized team of worldwide student account processing that supports operational efficiencies and a better student experience; partners with and across units that support student accounts such as financial aid, enrollment management, registrar, and IT
- Leads and manages a centralized team delivering worldwide payroll processing that supports operational efficiencies and a better employee experience; partners with business units across the organization, University System of Maryland, and state of Maryland agencies
- Leads and manages the compliance and fraud prevention program whose primary charge is to combat financial aid fraud and identity theft at significant savings to the University
- Provides leadership, coaching, and supervision to a team of financial, and administrative staff members, appropriating workloads to meet overall departmental goals while fostering staff professional development
- Works closely with the CFO on important operational and strategic planning decisions; assume the responsibility for special tasks, as assigned by the CFO, related to day-to-day analytics
- Tracks Office of the CFO initiatives from inception to completion; coordinates and communicates information with internal customers and state agency representatives regarding financial data and matters; represent the CFO and/or serve as the CFO's liaison on committees and/or meetings
- Directs and coordinate special projects, perform day-to-day analytics for high-level ad-hoc requests, and track single year and multi-year initiatives
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required education and experience: An earned Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning and at least 10 years of experience in higher-education; experience managing the financial processes of complex organizations and five (5) or more years of experience managing people, as well as leading teams that work cross-functionally.
Preferred education and experience: An earned Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning; experience with PeopleSoft and Workday; ability to present and communicate financial information to non-financial constituencies; ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of an organization, including senior management, and to propose recommendations for continuous improvement; broad understanding of how financial information impacts a university; success at building strategic relationships across an organization; ability to act confidentially and to make decisions independently; and ability to successfully manage shifting priorities while multi-tasking with ease.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & CLOSES ON FRIDAY, JULY 13, 2018
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.