Principal Strategy Specialist
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
The incumbent will support the development of overall satellite investment plan, as part of the formulation and ongoing refreshment of a Corporate Strategy; the position will also develop business case and manage specific new satellite projects. Given its strategic importance, this position enjoys high visibility within the organization. He/she will lead major work streams of planning activities including the following: Intelsat new satellites commercial requirements development, long-term investment and deployment planning, and elements of the company-wide business plan. Additionally, he/she will originate, manage and support additional cross-company initiatives meant to ensure company-wide strategic alignment. This individual will interact with business units leaders across the company, working collaboratively, in order to lead the delivery of presentations to Senior Management, including the Management Committee.
For success in this role the following are needed:
- Bachelor's Degree in Strategy, General Management or Engineering; Master's Degree preferred
- At least five (5) years' experience in corporate strategy and/or satellite design and development related activities; additional years of experience preferred
- Experience in formulating elements of a Corporate Strategy, including development of a strategic rationale and recommendation for strategic positioning, business fit analysis, partner selection, risk expected return analysis
- Strong project management experience and skills
- Intimate knowledge of the satellite industry, the wider telecom industry strongly preferred
- Understanding of Intelsat's business and products considered a plus.
- Experience in satellite design or orbital spectrum related background strongly preferred
More about the Role:
- Lead development of commercial strategy and revenue models for satellite programs to maximize value for Intelsat and its customers. Will involve significant interaction with Sales, BD and Asset & Product Management
- Manage new satellite investment project and coordinate with cross functional teams to ensure the implementation of commercial strategy via satellite design and/or customer engagement, as well as overall project timeline
- Support forward-looking satellite technology roadmap development
- Lead strategic analysis of the business in order to support the formulation and ongoing refreshment of a Corporate Strategy. Includes ongoing monitoring of opportunities and threats, analyzing value-increasing moves for the company and benchmarking against industry peers
- Lead major work streams of planning activities including the following: the company-wide Business Plan, Investment Plan as well as specific Satellite plans.
- Lead development of metrics related to Intelsat's Investment plan, specific satellite plans and elements of the overall Business plan.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.