Strategic Customer Development Associate (1131-679)
6 days left
- Full Time
Summary of the Position
The Strategic Customer Development Associate will provide account management support for domestic reference standards, publications, and education accounts by working with the Territory Manager-Strategic Customer Development as well as other Strategic Customer Development Managers to develop an overall understanding of USP, our core products, and how they are used throughout our commercial and regulatory markets and to learn what the macro factors are that influence our business. The Strategic Customer Development Associate will develop account specific plans and performance goals for all accounts assigned to the group, and he/she will be responsible for keeping the customer informed about relevant USP information, current activities, and revenue growth for assigned regions and accounts. This position will help coordinate and manage internal USP projects and services to support strategic initiatives and work closely with other Strategic Customer Development Managers to identify product enhancements and new service offerings.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Makes phone calls to assigned and unassigned accounts. Responsible for identifying key people and decision-makers for Reference Standards, Publications and Pharmacopeial Education purchases to drive revenue growth and USP awareness.
- Understands the relationship between USP, Regulatory, and Commercial markets both domestically and internationally and how those relationships affect our Revenue and Mission
- Provides scientific and technical support to assigned accounts and communicate key information about relevant USP activities.
- Acquires knowledge on how the customers use USP products and identify areas for potential new business.
- Develops account specific plans and performance targets. Performs quarterly financial reviews of customer performance and performance against organizational reference standards, publications, and education revenue targets.
- Contacts existing and new customers regarding publications and reference standards to identify key contacts and determine how they are using USP products and the potential for additional business.
- Analyzes sales data for domestic accounts and identifies trends and patterns that can assist in developing plans for future revenue growth.
- Maintains and updates account information for all assigned accounts. Updates the database with customer contact information.
- Participates in User Forums, face-to-face customer visits and USP trade shows to educate customers and to promote USP reference standards, publications, and educational products.
- Serves as an instructor in the Pharmacopeial Education.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Travel can be up to 50%, both domestic and international
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, or a related science field, or an applicable combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an analytical chemistry lab preferably in the pharmaceutical industry or a contract lab that does testing for pharmaceutical industry or other evidence of experience in conducting USP-NF testing in an analytical laboratory
- Experience providing account management to pharmaceutical or chemical/laboratory supply channels required.
- Strong account and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communications skills, and telephone manner required.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data, and prepare reports necessary.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced multi-task environment.
- Experience in an analytical laboratory desired.
- Experience delivering oral presentations to groups of people desired.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular