The research analyst is primarily responsible for the execution of short-term research studies and actively participates in the execution of the main research initiatives identified as priorities for NAIS members. In addition, the research analyst leads the creation of data analysis reports to help members better understand their markets and make strategic decisions.
At NAIS, we are passionate about education and the work that we do to advance it. We are customer-focused and always strive for excellence. We work collaboratively and value creativity and initiative. We foster empathy, flexibility, and cultural competence. As an integral part of the NAIS staff, this position is expected to serve as an engaged and involved team member, supportive of the varied experiences and perspectives of internal and external colleagues; to support and actively build an office culture dedicated to superior customer service that exceeds customer expectations; and to work within the team and among teams to ensure that decisions are made to further the organization’s goals, particularly the goals of modeling multiculturalism and helping to build inclusive school communities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Leads the research process of collecting, analyzing, and writing reports on short-term studies, such as student outcomes and assessment, staff management, international recruitment, risk management, among others.
- Participates in the research process of collecting, analyzing, and writing reports on topics that are identified as strategic priorities for NAIS members, such as parent perceptions and school selection, governance and leadership, student wellness, financial sustainability, among others.
- Collects and analyzes data from DASL (NAIS's data collection system) and external sources (U.S. Census, Department of Education, think tanks, etc.) to help members better understand the dynamics of their local markets. Presents findings in the form of reports, articles, and/or presentations.
- Creates, conducts, and analyze internal surveys for NAIS teams when necessary.
- Supports the Vice President of SIRT in the management of project logistics, including drafting and reviewing project outlines/contracts, maintaining distribution/billing lists, uploading documents to the website, and organizing files in the SIRT intranet.
- Writes articles for Independent School Magazine, as well as blog posts for the website.
- Assumes other responsibilities as assigned by the VP for SIRT.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree required in economics, statistics, or related field
- Three to five years of experience in supporting a research program; experience in designing research instruments and analyzing and writing research reports preferred
- Proficiency in SPSS, STATA, Excel, and/or other statistical reporting tools
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Tableau, Power BI, and/or other data visualization tools
- Knowledge of independent schools (preferred)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/activities simultaneously while maintaining quality
- Ability to work independently while still being an effective, contributing team member
- Ability to serve on a geographically dispersed team
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; able to adapt and learn new software and web-based systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer proficiency
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills