7 days left
- Full Time
Serves as the primary telecommunication user coordinator for all users on issues and questions pertaining to telecommunications products and services. Maintains, audits, and updates the National Academies' e911 notification System for Life Safety thru West Communication Services portal. Maintains the Infortel Select Call Accounting System that stores all outgoing international long distance calls for all user's accounts. Applies software updates and maintains telephone desktop applications.
Applying specific knowledge, incumbent performs work primarily administrative in nature relating to telecommunications billing systems. Most decision-making can be made within pre-determined approaches. Proceeds on own initiative in compliance with policies, procedures, and practices, but receives guidance or expertise from supervisor or higher-level staff when needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Serves as the primary telecommunication user coordinator for all users on issues and questions pertaining to telecommunications products and services offered at Academies.
2. Maintains, audits, and updates the National Academies' e911 notification System for Life Safety through the West Communication Services portal. 3. Maintains the Infortel Select Call Accounting System that stores all outgoing international long distance calls for all user accounts. Loads tariffs for long distance carriers into the Infortel System. Applies software updates and maintains telephone desktop applications.
4. . Maintains and creates files from Infortel Server to produce files for charge backs to the units for long distance. Manually uploads batches for international bill payment through PeopleSoft.
5. Serves as technical contact person for the telephone companies and the Federal Telecommunications Service. Requests additions/changes/removals from the service.
6. Maintains Telecommunications Service Request (TSR) database, create TSR's, and inputs requests for Long Distance Authorization Codes (LDAC) in TSR database.
7. Creates AT&T Conference accounts for all Academy users.
8. Serve as primary contact to vendors for AT&T Wireless & Verizon Wireless accounts.
9. Maintains and updates AT&T & Verizon Wireless portals
10. Manages wireless devices using the Mobile Device Management (MDM) & Mobile Application Management (MAM) platform
10. Submit updates for ITS Group information on AcademyNet by cleaning up erroneous information.
11. Supports ITS Operations on all telecom voice & data projects.
NONESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Related duties and special projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledge of financial systems, telephone PBX systems, and systems administration. Ability to solve problems using application of commonly used rules, procedures, and precedents. Ability to operate with some latitude for independent judgement and action. Ability to work successfully in a team environment. Ability to develop relationships with co-workers and employees in other National Academies' departments through effective communication. Good written and communication skills with a proven ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: High School diploma, GED, or equivalent knowledge.
Minimum Experience: Five years of related telecommunications experience.
Physical Capabilities: Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration: Certificate of completion from a vocational or technical program preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls: Reports to Manager, Telecommunications. Supervisor is available to assist in problem resolution.
Work Environment: Office environment with occasional travel between National Academies' facilities and to off-site locations.
Any qualification to be considered equivalent, in lieu of stated minimum, requires the prior approval of the Office of Human Resources.
Employee Type:EmployeeScheduled Weekly Hours:37.5City/State:Washington, District of Columbia
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Some functions in this description may be specific to a particular unit of the National Academies and not applicable to other units.