Public Relations and Marketing Specialist II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience, but will not exceed $40,000.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University Student Centers invites applications for a Production Coordinator. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Department: Student Centers Student Centers integrates all aspects of campus life by serving as Masons facility, program, and support services management department for the Johnson Center, Student Union Building I, The Hub, and event service areas. The department aims to support and complement the academic process; provide excellent customer service to the Mason community and visitors; promote diversity and campus spirit through cooperative participation; and encourage student development, social competence, and responsibility. Student Centers, Event Services provides technical, rental, and overall event production support services for events at George Mason.
Responsibilities: The Production Coordinator is responsible for coordination of all production aspects for events including, but not limited to, meeting with clients, overseeing the booking process for event services, and working with the Office of University Events to ensure accuracy of all event requests
- Plan events with end-users and event supervisors to provide customers with the appropriate level of staff coverage, the correct type of AV equipment, supplies, and furnishings to ultimately provide an overall highly professional event experience for all customers.
- Work collaboratively with University Events, Catering, University Police, Housekeeping, Environmental Health and Safety, Facilities, and other departments to ensure proper communication and the delivery of quality event services.
- Be onsite and available for events that are determined to require such administrative presence.
- Ensure all event information is accurate and represented properly in event scheduling system(s) in coordination with University Events.
- Oversee Event Services scheduling and booking process.
- Provide administrative support to all event areas and other projects as assigned by the Assistant Director of Events Services.
- High school diploma/GED, or equivalent, is required;
- Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing live events required, preferably in a university setting;
- Basic knowledge in all areas of event operations and event support technology to include sound, lighting, video (setup, configuration, and operation) and the scheduling of events and personnel;
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, scheduling and billing software, and event planning;
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with staff, patrons, and colleagues at all times.
- Valid drivers license required. Must be available for minimal travel and work flexible hours. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree is strongly preferred
- Previous experience in event operations/support/production highly desirable;
- Experience in event scheduling and database management preferred.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 09197z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by July 15, 2018, ; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-07-15